It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Register for Windows Forums

Register for Windows Forums now to gain access to: post messages, download free books, competitions for great prizes, and get to know others. Members also see NO ADVERTS. Join today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
Message Author

Post subject: Updated My Portfolio Website
New postPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:44 pm 

Please provide feedback on my portfolio site:

http://richr.org/

Thank you.

Site Admin
Site Admin
Windows Guru²
Windows Guru²

Thanks given: 424 times
Thanks received: 213 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Updating My Portfolio Website
New postPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:14 pm 

Here's my honest opinion. Please don't think i'm being harsh and criticising for the sake of it. I couldn't do any better myself any feel slightly.....you know ;)

OK, here goes;
I don't think you need to have the links at the top of the page, you have links at the bottom and also on the amazing looking 'cube', it just seems to be there for beings theres sake. It to me, is unneccessary.
The same goes for the Contact Me box, you have all those Social links where we're able to contact you.

I love the colour scheme, it looks very clean, clinical & professional, and cu3er is just fantastic. I've never seen anything like that before so i think you should show it off as opposed to hide it amongst the cluttered text.
Do you have to have the timer on cu3er? Can you bring the opacity of the 'tooltip' on cu3er up a bit?? it's quite difficult to read, more so on certain faces of the cube
Not sure if it's intentional but Rich Robinson in the top left is different sized font???

Oh, one more thing, why no W7MC book?? :P

It certainly looks 1000% better than it did yesterday Rich, very impressive. If i were a prospective employer, i'd certainly notice you ;)

Site Admin
Site Admin
Windows Guru²
Windows Guru²

Thanks given: 375 times
Thanks received: 441 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:19 pm 

ok my first impression is wow
i like the slide effects in the middle screen
i have no doubt that it will become a nice portfolio, really nice

my opinion is that u have double links which are at my point of view unnecessary,
find the matching colors ;) :

i know that it is hard to fill up the empty space so that it looks good but u'll handle it

for example u could put the grey box, where the text comes up with the description of the current picture when u hover over it, above the picture
so u wouldn't have the double links..........or something like that
don't know u'll handle, it like i said 8-)
ups :oops: ...mentioned above

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Thanks given: 72 times
Thanks received: 59 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:40 pm 

rsvr85 wrote:
I don't think you need to have the links at the top of the page, you have links at the bottom and also on the amazing looking 'cube', it just seems to be there for beings theres sake. It to me, is unneccessary.

shoby wrote:
my opinion is that u have double links which are at my point of view unnecessary

Thanks for the feedback, you read my mind... the links at the top and the icons at the bottom are gone now.

rsvr85 wrote:
The same goes for the Contact Me box, you have all those Social links where we're able to contact you.

This links to a "Contact" form, which is my preferred method of "personal" contact.

rsvr85 wrote:
Do you have to have the timer on cu3er? Can you bring the opacity of the 'tooltip' on cu3er up a bit?? it's quite difficult to read, more so on certain faces of the cube

If you scroll over the text, the opacity increases so you can read the text more easily. Does that help, or not really?

rsvr85 wrote:
Not sure if it's intentional but Rich Robinson in the top left is different sized font???

It's a logo (most people wont have that particular font on their PC.)

rsvr85 wrote:
Oh, one more thing, why no W7MC book?? :P

I didn't want to take credit for something I really didn't contribute much to (hence the "five" not "six" books :P)

Site Admin
Site Admin
Windows Guru²
Windows Guru²

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Updated My Portfolio Website
New postPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:53 pm 

I still find the text of the 'tooltip' quite difficult to read. How about moving it down slightly to where the drop shadow of the cube is maybe? When you're not hovering it looks terribly confused.

Am i seeing the logo correctly then (as per shobys shot)? If not and people won't have the font installed, is there any point having this on the page?

Hey man, you contributed heaps towards that book, it may not be as professional looking as the rest and certainly needs revision but i still think you should take credit where it is due, sir!

Site Admin
Site Admin
Windows Guru²
Windows Guru²

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:25 pm 

Thanks for your feedback! When I get back to this at the weekend (hopefully), I'll come back and see what needs changing.

Thanks again.

Site Admin
Site Admin
Windows Guru²
Windows Guru²

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:20 am 

Dude! I love it! Especially the cube thing. its so fun watching it move! I think you should put links on top than on the bottom. Its because when people take a first glance at your site, they are probably not going to scroll down. So once your on your site, you see what contents it has. Otherwise, I really love your site.

PS: How did you make the cube thing? HTML? Javascript? Programming( visual basic, C++)?

-UltimateTweakers

Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Thanks given: 14 times
Thanks received: 8 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:41 am 

Thank you!

Justinzherenow wrote:
PS: How did you make the cube thing? HTML? Javascript? Programming( visual basic, C++)?
-UltimateTweakers
\

Flash, it's all done for you and you just use XML to send instructions: http://www.progressivered.com/cu3er/

Site Admin
Site Admin
Windows Guru²
Windows Guru²

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:46 am 

How do I make an online modeling portfolio to submit to other sites for free? What is a safe, easy way, to upload all my pictures into a modeling portfolio?

Last edited by toyotiya on Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Thanks given: 0 times
Thanks received: 0 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:58 am 

toyotiya wrote:
How do I make an online modeling portfolio to submit to other sites for free? What is a safe, easy way, to upload all my pictures into a modeling portfolio?

You can sign up with deviantart.com and use their portfolio facility; daportfolio.com
photoshop.com is also good.

Site Admin
Site Admin
Windows Guru²
Windows Guru²

Profile E-mail  

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]