It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Register for Windows Forums

Register for Windows Forums now to gain access to: post messages, download free books, competitions for great prizes, and get to know others. Members also see NO ADVERTS. Join today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
Message Author
 Post subject: Retirement
New postPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:38 pm 
For this post the author Mike has received thanks - 2: Rich, UVAIS

Hi everyone,

I am sad to say that after 4 years of involvement, I will soon be retiring from the Mintywhite community. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), I no longer have the time to write Windows Guides, moderate forum topics, or contribute on the forums. In addition, my interest in "tweaking" Windows has started to wane in my old age. I'm more of a vanilla guy now :)

Mintywhite has meant a lot in my life. I always knew I loved computers, but Mintywhite fueled the fire that led me to major and graduate in Information Systems in University and continue on to a Masters Degree in the same subject area (which will be complete in July). The expertise I gained through school, "play", and Mintywhite led me to my first full-time IT job, and my current position in the Data Warehouse of a large healthcare organization. I've thoroughly enjoyed interacting with all of you and I've loved trying to help your PC experience be as pleasant as possible.

The last 4 years have seen my through most of my young marriage, almost all of University (undergraduate and graduate), the birth and first 16 months of my sweet daughter's life, 4 iterations of Windows (I started Mintywhite on XP Media Center and am now using Windows 8 CP), tons of Linux ditros (Arch, Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc.), the entire life of Android, and even my transition to the "dark side" (Mac & OS X). It's been quite a ride!

I am now chasing some of my newer interests, which include working out, playing sports, woodworking, traveling for work, and spending time with my family. I will still be a humongous nerd, always upgrading my custom built PC, perfecting my home media center, building and hosting my own websites, and constantly flashing my Android phone and tablet with the newest ROMs, but will simply no longer contribute on forums such as Mintywhite.

I'll keep this account open for a little while so I can be reached in case you'd like my contact information. It's been a pleasure. Thanks for everything Mintywhite!

Mike

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Thanks given: 9 times
Thanks received: 100 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Retirement
New postPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:07 pm 

Mike,

Even though we'll keep up in "real" life, I just wanted to say, here on the forums, that I'm very grateful for the help you've provided here. Thank you so much for all you've done.

Check your PM.

Site Admin
Site Admin
Windows Guru²
Windows Guru²

Thanks given: 424 times
Thanks received: 213 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:28 am 

Best of luck for your Future

Uvais ;)

Last edited by UVAIS on Fri May 25, 2012 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Contributor
Contributor
Windows Guru
Windows Guru

Thanks given: 121 times
Thanks received: 263 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:40 am 

I feel really sad to see you go, Mike. It feels like i'm saying goodbye to a friend and i'm getting weepy :(
I really appreciate and thank you for all that you've helped me with over the years.
A lot of what you said resonates with me so i completely understand your reasoning.
Best of luck to you and your family for the future! :D

Site Admin
Site Admin
Windows Guru²
Windows Guru²

Thanks given: 375 times
Thanks received: 441 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:19 am 

It sounds like you have a full and busy life Mike, here's wishing you well with your Degree and your future.

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Thanks given: 5 times
Thanks received: 97 times
 Profile E-mail  

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]