It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Register for Windows Forums

Register for Windows Forums now to gain access to: post messages, download free books, competitions for great prizes, and get to know others. Members also see NO ADVERTS. Join today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
Message Author

Post subject: Badges
New postPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:54 am 
For this post the author Makcalable has received gratitude : Rich

Was kinda thinking, what getting like a semi skilled badge/star/text for members on a level of lets say, helping others from start to finish and solving, and amount of useful post followed by a thanks, and great tips & tricks.

like have the badges start off at semi skilled to skilled member an so on, just a bit of an insentive for everyone.

and even a badge or star for being a team player, being able to work together.

I know i keep mentioning badges but it could be colour coded star's that could be used.

am i just going way off track here :oops:

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Thanks given: 47 times
Thanks received: 132 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Badges
New postPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:23 am 
For this post the author Stu has received gratitude : Makcalable

(Moved to relevant forum)

Site Admin
Site Admin
Windows Guru²
Windows Guru²

Thanks given: 375 times
Thanks received: 441 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:29 pm 

I'm not sure I completely understand your suggestion (I got most of it.) So you're saying in addition to the star system (for # of posts), the year stars (for number of years of membership), and the thanks system (for number of thanks given and received), you'd like to see more stuff added or are you talking about a complete overhaul? Or am I way off? :)

Site Admin
Site Admin
Windows Guru²
Windows Guru²

Thanks given: 424 times
Thanks received: 213 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:12 pm 

Rich wrote:
I'm not sure I completely understand your suggestion (I got most of it.) So you're saying in addition to the star system (for # of posts), the year stars (for number of years of membership), and the thanks system (for number of thanks given and received), you'd like to see more stuff added or are you talking about a complete overhaul? Or am I way off? :)

My post was a bit scrambled wasn't it :lol: Ok.. I suppose A badge would be ideal, like when members reaches a certain point with either gratitude/points & length of service, so for eg; joe bloggs = posts 500 = semi skilled. joe bloggs = 750 posts = skilled and so on but would have to be like useful posts, or it can be just given as a reward from moderators for putting in a great job on certain posts or topics etc.

It does still seem a bit scrambled doesn't it :mrgreen:

Let me know what you think.

and please anyone feel free to jump in and give your opinions & idea's :mrgreen:

Edit;

also to make a bit of space for the suggestion i just made ;) we could lose the title thanks given and join date as maybe these things would more suited in the profile page? :D

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:15 pm 

hmmmm....
the idea of badges is kinda already there, see:

so which means instead of 1-5 or 6 stars you can insert a specific badge like here

this is just an example, ofcourse i mean we could make a new topic where all the users who like to contribute can post their suggestions/designs for those badges

like this we could solve the problem about "windows guru" being a bit too much for 1000 posts

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Thanks given: 72 times
Thanks received: 59 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:18 pm 

Shoby, thats what im talking about with the badges, but obv not so many different sorts ;)

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:25 pm 

ofcourse not so many, that was just the first image that was suited for this topic
and we could rearange the ranks
they're all kinda easy to get like top contributer with just 500 and highly valued member with just 100 not to mention the guru title Image

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Thanks given: 72 times
Thanks received: 59 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:29 pm 

shoby wrote:
ofcourse not so many, that was just the first image that was suited for this topic
and we could rearange the ranks
they're all kinda easy to get like top contributer with just 500 and highly valued member with just 100 not to mention the guru title Image

I agree but it will be difficult to change the ranks as it might affect members and depending how the ranks are affected if! dont think it is quite that simple to totally re-write the ranking system. :?

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:00 am 

Badges like "junior admin" Or "member in admin team" :?:

Contributor
Contributor
Windows Guru
Windows Guru

Thanks given: 121 times
Thanks received: 263 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Badges  Topic is solved
New postPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 4:20 pm 

For now, I think we've solved these with the new ranking system (we're getting there slowly as we roll this out...) The changes we are making are direct responses from suggestions like these.

Thank you so much.

Site Admin
Site Admin
Windows Guru²
Windows Guru²

Thanks given: 424 times
Thanks received: 213 times
 Profile E-mail  

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]