Windows Forums
http://forum.mintywhite.com/

Set Windows 7 as Wifi Hotspot (HELPLINE)
http://forum.mintywhite.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=6674
Page 1 of 4

Author:  NorwayDude [ Fri May 13, 2011 1:13 am ]
Post subject:  Set Windows 7 as Wifi Hotspot (HELPLINE)  Topic is solved

This Forum Post is created in regard to the article "Set Windows 7 as WIFI Hotspot" (http://mintywhite.com/windows-7/set-windows-7-wifi-hotspot-quick-tip/). I set up this post for those who cannot get it to work, so that we may be able to help out.

To get it working there are two conditions that has to be met:
1. wireless network adapter supports Windows 7 “virtual wi-fi” feature.
2. Check if your network card has the latest driver to support the feature.

If this is okay, then post your questions here.

Author:  sandy989 [ Mon May 16, 2011 6:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Set Windows 7 as Wifi Hotspot (HELPLINE)

i did exactly as u said...every thing is fine but still i cant access net
i am using a wireless usb modem...
when i go under networking and sharing center it shows no connection to our virtual wifi
plz help me

Author:  Jeet [ Tue May 17, 2011 2:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Set Windows 7 as Wifi Hotspot (HELPLINE)

sandy989 wrote:
i did exactly as u said...every thing is fine but still i cant access net
i am using a wireless usb modem...
when i go under networking and sharing center it shows no connection to our virtual wifi
plz help me


Will you please supply some more details? I couldn't get what you meant.

Author:  sandy989 [ Tue May 17, 2011 2:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Set Windows 7 as Wifi Hotspot (HELPLINE)

i applied all the setting as written in the post.
i am also able to connect my device through wifi but not able to surf or open internet.
There has been no error from windows side
i am just able to connect my ipod with it but not able to surf
got any suggestion ?

Author:  Jeet [ Tue May 17, 2011 3:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Set Windows 7 as Wifi Hotspot (HELPLINE)

sandy989 wrote:
i applied all the setting as written in the post.
i am also able to connect my device through wifi but not able to surf or open internet.
There has been no error from windows side
i am just able to connect my ipod with it but not able to surf
got any suggestion ?


does your general connection, i.e. the connection you are using use proxy/port etc? Then you need to configure the same on your iPod. Use this link to find out your proxy settings. Follow the steps and see what's your proxy and port: http://www.wikihow.com/Change-Proxy-Settings

Author:  sandy989 [ Wed May 18, 2011 4:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Set Windows 7 as Wifi Hotspot (HELPLINE)

no proxy/port setting is being used..it has been checked to auto mode
i tried the link you have given ..still no use..
still only able to connect my ipod but to surfing..(

Author:  Jeet [ Wed May 18, 2011 6:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Set Windows 7 as Wifi Hotspot (HELPLINE)

It might very well be a problem with your network adapter, as some internet posts suggest. Instead of Windows 7 Ad Hoc network, try this: http://www.connectify.me/thanks.html?v= ... 6429#basic
Let me know if it works.

Author:  shobhan03 [ Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Set Windows 7 as Wifi Hotspot (HELPLINE)

i first downloaded the connectify , but all my connections stopped working after its installation.
so if i remove this app, the connections work again.
then i came across ad-hoc feature. i did everything , also shows signal strength on both laptops, i also ticked the " allow other computers to access internet connection " under the sharing tab of the wireless connection properties of this newly created connection. but alas, still not able to. both the laptop's show error sign on the signal strength.
so kindly help .

Author:  maniakbogu [ Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Set Windows 7 as Wifi Hotspot (HELPLINE)

Hello. I have a question regarding the post. I connect through a broadband connection to the internet. When I need to go to the internet connection and click properties..so I can check the sharing internet option...which one I chose precisely? Local Area Connection, Wireless Network Connection or Broadband Connection ( these 3 I have)? Thank you for your post and sorry if my question is a little dumb ( not a computer geek :) ) Good day.

Author:  Stu [ Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Set Windows 7 as Wifi Hotspot (HELPLINE)

maniakbogu wrote:
Hello. I have a question regarding the post. I connect through a broadband connection to the internet. When I need to go to the internet connection and click properties..so I can check the sharing internet option...which one I chose precisely? Local Area Connection, Wireless Network Connection or Broadband Connection ( these 3 I have)? Thank you for your post and sorry if my question is a little dumb ( not a computer geek :) ) Good day.


There are no dumb questions ;)
Do you want to connect to your Broadband connection via your computer's wireless connection or via Ethernet cable?

To change:
Start Menu > Control Panel > Network & Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings.
Right click the adapters you don't want to use and choose Disable. (Disconnected or unused adapters will display a small red cross in its icon (Tip: set the icons in this window to display as "Tiles"))
You should be able to tell which adapter is for which job. Local Area Connection will likely be for your Ethernet cable, Wireless Network Connection for your wireless etc.

Page 1 of 4 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/