It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Register for Windows Forums

Register for Windows Forums now to gain access to: post messages, download free books, competitions for great prizes, and get to know others. Members also see NO ADVERTS. Join today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
Message Author

Post subject: DLL and VCREDIST Errors
New postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:48 pm 

Hey all,

I've been having 2 issues with my computer lately, there not really big enough to warrant a reformat (yet) but still enough of a pain.

I've googled extensively but with no luck so figured it was about time to ask here.

One issue is that every time I go to install vcredist I get an error message stating that "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation." I am definitely Admin (its the only account on the computer, only one that's every been on it) and I've checked through the policies area (not sure exactly where it was it was a few weeks ago) so I'm kinda stuck on that one. I've tried disabling Avast, I've virus scanned, rebooted, redownloaded every version tried every suggestion on google with no luck.
At the moment there is only one program (Company of Heroes) that needs this to run, but not exactly happy that something I bought cannot run.

The other issue is to do with EA's Origin app. I was planning on buying Battlefield 3 but though just in case I'd check that origin was happy with my computer. And am I glad I checked. Origin installs fine but when it it starts up it error messages.
So I went found a replacement on the internet and placed it in the origin install directory and System32. Same problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in Advance.

Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member

Thanks given: 38 times
Thanks received: 19 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: DLL and VCREDIST Errors
New postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:44 am 

Did you tried this

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... c6a7befb51

Contributor
Contributor
Windows Guru
Windows Guru

Thanks given: 121 times
Thanks received: 263 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:10 pm 

Hi,

Yeah thanks for the link. I've tried this previously but I gave it another shot and shore enough there is no local security policies in place. This is actually getting really frustrating, I mean I'm an admin, there is no restrictive policies in place there is no reason this should be happening.

Thanks,

Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member

Thanks given: 38 times
Thanks received: 19 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:58 am 

jumper918 wrote:
Hi,

Yeah thanks for the link. I've tried this previously but I gave it another shot and shore enough there is no local security policies in place. This is actually getting really frustrating, I mean I'm an admin, there is no restrictive policies in place there is no reason this should be happening.

Thanks,

Try from hidden Administrator account :roll:

Contributor
Contributor
Windows Guru
Windows Guru

Thanks given: 121 times
Thanks received: 263 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:47 am 

Jumper, first let's try an easy method.
Try disabling UAC and then retry installation.
If that fails, try this:
Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer
If the Installer Key is not there, create it. Then within it create a REG_DWORD Value and Call it DisableMSI.
Set it's value to 0. Let's see what happens.

The Origin problem is rather easy. It's a problem with Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package, just uninstall it if you already have it and reinstall the 2010 version. Download Link Here.

Do let me know if your problems were resolved.

Last edited by Jeet on Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Thanks given: 57 times
Thanks received: 45 times
 Profile E-mail  

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]