It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Register for Windows Forums

Register for Windows Forums now to gain access to: post messages, download free books, competitions for great prizes, and get to know others. Members also see NO ADVERTS. Join today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
Message Author

Post subject: WINDOWS 10 - What's YOUR Verdict?
New postPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:27 pm 

All in all W10 is more or less exactly what I thought it would be, nice and fast like XP and W7, progs/apps are faster ...... the first thing I noticed after downloading was the speed of boot & shut down (but that's with DDR3 RAM). W10 DID take a couple of days to "settle down" properly too. Then when I tried some tunes on I distinctly noticed the audio was different .....better codecs in W10? Seems so! My audio sounds more "spatial" now. This was worth the wait (as I skipped W8 and W8.1)...... there will always be some people who will find fault with it though as I suppose...... also a 4.5 rated audio/mp3 player DOES help as well with good audio sound, haha!
http://www.aimp2.us/aimp3-download.php

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Thanks given: 5 times
Thanks received: 97 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: WINDOWS 10 - What's YOUR Verdict?
New postPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:07 am 

Cant have a verdict, i did not install yet, I hear that there are some bugs people complain about the start menu sometime not working properly

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Thanks given: 3 times
Thanks received: 51 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:59 am 

Yes ha14 ..... It IS still buggy, but because I am techy I rescued my PC. It almost messed my PC up. Just be careful with it, wait a few months before installing it. That's my opinion.

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:09 am 

It's getting personal now lol between me and Gates ....... Haha! lol :lol:

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:35 am 

On reflection, It's another Gates' VISTA! haha! I should have stuck with what I know/knew, W7! At least W7 does what it says on the tin ..... W10
has no tin ..... it just floats in and floats out ....... get a grip Bill Gates ffs!

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:43 pm 

I have been using Windows 10 for about two months now and have to say that I am quite pleased with it. My computer boots, shuts down and just seems faster all the way around. I have had no hang ups or anything of that sort. The only problem I have had, and don't think that I can blame it on W10, I can't get my Office 2007 to install. It says it can't find certain files, but they are on the install cd. That is my only problem. I just went to Softmaker Office 2016 and it has handled all of the documents and excel files that I have needed. Hope this helps someone.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Established Member
Established Member

Thanks given: 0 times
Thanks received: 1 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:18 pm 

heavy, don't hold your breath my friend ...... the glitches will come! My W10 ran great for the first month too, but the glitches WILL suraface ...... as sure as "eggs is eggs" lol :geek:

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Profile E-mail  

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]