It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Register for Windows Forums

Register for Windows Forums now to gain access to: post messages, download free books, competitions for great prizes, and get to know others. Members also see NO ADVERTS. Join today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
Message Author

Post subject: Compatibility Pack Microsoft Word
New postPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:08 pm 
For this post the author Ang087 has received thanks - 2: Rich, Stu

I received a word document today that a friend wished for me to critique. She writes poetry as I do and asked me to review her work before she submitted it to her publisher. I discovered that I couldn't open it because she had used a newer version of Word and I believe it was Word 2007.

I received a pop-up that had a link included when I tried to open the word document. The link directed me to a microsoft download for the Compatibility Pack for Microsoft Word. I was able to open the document with no problem once I downloaded the compatiblity pack. It makes OfficeXP, Word 2002, 2003 and the Power Point viewer compatible with newer versions like Word 2007. I'm very pleased that Microsoft came up with this pack and I know my friend would have been so disappointed if I couldn't open up her word document for her e-book.

I wanted to share this in case someone else comes across the problem and can't open a word document.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en

Contributor
Contributor
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member

Thanks given: 43 times
Thanks received: 33 times
 Profile E-mail  

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]