It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Register for Windows Forums

Register for Windows Forums now to gain access to: post messages, download free books, competitions for great prizes, and get to know others. Members also see NO ADVERTS. Join today!

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Message Author

Post subject: Reverse Engineering ! !  Topic is solved
New postPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:30 am 

//: Hello World

Today I crossed an extremely useful resource which I could not but share.

http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/sigmil/RevEng/

It's an unfinished book on Reverse Engineering. Hope you like it.

Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Thanks given: 57 times
Thanks received: 45 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Reverse Engineering ! !
New postPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:23 pm 

Jeet wrote:

Good link.... Only if it was legal in the USA. It's illegal, or unethical to perform Reverse Engineering, or Back trace to the source. This is still a good article to learn, however, you can build a "Honey Pots" to study the intruder. :-)

Google have performed Reverse Engineering for those who have broken and Entered Google's main frame. Who was Guilty? CHINA. :lol:

Windows Guru
Windows Guru

Thanks given: 33 times
Thanks received: 137 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:22 am 

ITGeekRC wrote:
Jeet wrote:

Good link.... Only if it was legal in the USA. It's illegal, or unethical to perform Reverse Engineering, or Back trace to the source. This is still a good article to learn, however, you can build a "Honey Pots" to study the intruder. :-)

Google have performed Reverse Engineering for those who have broken and Entered Google's main frame. Who was Guilty? CHINA. :lol:

Is it illegal in USA? Sorry I didn't know about it. And Congrats for being Windows Guru. Yup I have studied all the reports on that China's "Aurora" attack. Security firm Dambala's report was most fascinating.

Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:11 am 

Jeet wrote:
ITGeekRC wrote:
Jeet wrote:

Is it illegal in USA? Sorry I didn't know about it. And Congrats for being Windows Guru. Yup I have studied all the reports on that China's "Aurora" attack. Security firm Dambala's report was most fascinating.

Yes, USA has more laws than many countries have. Africa has none. LOL. That's why so many spams, spoofers, hi-jackers, etc.... are mostly from there trying to steal money or take advantage of the not so technically inclined people. I can, willfully, trace a source but can't Reverse Engineer/Back Trace. If an IP hits the USA boundaries or boarders, we have the rights to investigate the IP. Just not to a point of Reverse Engineering, like Port/IP Scanning, etc... You know the deal.

Thanks Jeet... I'm Uncle Rick Windows Guru... :lol:

Windows Guru
Windows Guru

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:29 am 

ITGeekRC wrote:
Jeet wrote:
ITGeekRC wrote:
Jeet wrote:

Yes, USA has more laws than many countries have. Africa has none. LOL. That's why so many spams, spoofers, hi-jackers, etc.... are mostly from there trying to steal money or take advantage of the not so technically inclined people. I can, willfully, trace a source but can't Reverse Engineer/Back Trace. If an IP hits the USA boundaries or boarders, we have the rights to investigate the IP. Just not to a point of Reverse Engineering, like Port/IP Scanning, etc... You know the deal.

You are welcome ! As you know, we are China's neighbouring country. And there's several thing I specifically noticed about the Chinese search engine Baidu. If you by chance have access to any chinese proxy servers, try searching "google.blogspot", "Lee Jiabao chinese government" etc. You would find that the remote server terminates you connection. Earlier the connection got terminated for these search terms from anywhere in the world. May be they are just trying to pose that they have become good :lol: ! Not only the search results in Baidu are highly filtered, even the maps sold in the country itself suffer the same problem. Freedom of speech is highly disregarded there, infact, the term freedom is considered as a "dirty word". Now, in the Chinese education system, english is highly disregarded, so the poor, government oppressed people are Left with no choice but Baidu, not to mention Baidu itself got famous by offering easy search to pirated chinese mp3s.
We should be happy that we live in democratic countries, after all, "Freedom of Speech:Priceless, for everything else, there's MasterCard". :)

Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:36 pm 

Jeet wrote:
ITGeekRC wrote:
Jeet wrote:
ITGeekRC wrote:
Jeet wrote:

You are welcome ! As you know, we are China's neighbouring country. And there's several thing I specifically noticed about the Chinese search engine Baidu. If you by chance have access to any chinese proxy servers, try searching "google.blogspot", "Lee Jiabao chinese government" etc. You would find that the remote server terminates you connection. Earlier the connection got terminated for these search terms from anywhere in the world. May be they are just trying to pose that they have become good :lol: ! Not only the search results in Baidu are highly filtered, even the maps sold in the country itself suffer the same problem. Freedom of speech is highly disregarded there, infact, the term freedom is considered as a "dirty word". Now, in the Chinese education system, english is highly disregarded, so the poor, government oppressed people are Left with no choice but Baidu, not to mention Baidu itself got famous by offering easy search to pirated chinese mp3s.
We should be happy that we live in democratic countries, after all, "Freedom of Speech:Priceless, for everything else, there's MasterCard". :)

really? I didn't know India was China's neighboring country. :lol: :mrgreen:

I just think that the USA should be hardening its network infrastructure more because of Chinese population are twice as much as US, all these dudes/Chicks do is sit, surf and hack. They even have a hacking school for the lite Chinese groups to attack the world, the Cloud Infrastructure, etc... You know the roles that China plays.

China practically have zero tolerance, hence the "Dirt" word for Freedom. They are a communist/republican that rules everything saying they are better then everyone in the world. Ok, whateva. I really don't care seriously, not a fan of Chinese culture when they think they are better. I do, however, admire their hard work and dedication to "EDUCATION." I applaud that 100%, but to use their education as a means to illegally enter the US or other countries for personal gains is completely unethical. USA is regarding as a Multicultural Nations, equal rights amongst others.

Ahhh... to end that conclusion, I think, again, US just needs to be their USA Infrastructure and disallow and prevent unwanted hackers, Scammers, etc... That's just a tough battle compared to how many elite teams to battle the 7+ Billions of people? :roll:

Windows Guru
Windows Guru

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:54 pm 

Exactly Rick, their education comprises of how to hack into others pc to steal propriety data as they lack the intelligence to create anything new. And I too abhor communism. There's no freedom in China. And not only USA, even India was targeted recently when lots of data was stolen from Indian religious leader Dalai Lama's computer, who was exiled from China. Really stern steps should be taken against that country.

Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:59 pm 

Jeet wrote:
from Indian religious leader Dalai Lama's computer, who was exiled from China. Really stern steps should be taken against that country.

Dalai Lama is a Buddhist leader of religious officials of the Gelug or "Yellow Hat" branch of Tibetan Buddhism. Not from India ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalai_Lama

Contributor
Contributor
Windows Guru
Windows Guru

Thanks given: 121 times
Thanks received: 263 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:13 pm 

Going off topic again here.
Drag it back otherwise its closed!

Site Admin
Site Admin
Windows Guru²
Windows Guru²

Thanks given: 375 times
Thanks received: 441 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:28 pm 

Stu wrote:
Going off topic again here.
Drag it back otherwise its closed!

Sorry ! Ok everyone no more politics. Back to Reversing.

Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Profile E-mail  

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next