It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Register for Windows Forums

Register for Windows Forums now to gain access to: post messages, download free books, competitions for great prizes, and get to know others. Members also see NO ADVERTS. Join today!

Page 5 of 11 [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
Message Author

Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box
New postPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:45 pm 
For this post the author NorwayDude has received gratitude : Rich

dw_7 wrote:
An article on "Easy way to remove a corrupted folder or file (in XP, Vista, Win7).

I think we might've already: http://mintywhite.com/windows-7/7maintenance/delete-file-command-prompt/

-Thomas

Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Thanks given: 3 times
Thanks received: 9 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:05 pm 
For this post the author tjksgc has received gratitude : Rich

Streaming Video how?

Is there a way to wireless stream video to a TV
from the PC without having to buy dedicated hard
ware like Netgear EVA 2000 Digital entertainer

There must be some way to do this? I Hope
if not what is the least expensive way to go?

Update: Here's a good site to start with: http://forum.videohelp.com/forums/48-Video-Streaming
As video streaming can become quite complex, it would be difficult to write an all-encompassing guide. Hopefully the link above is helpful.
[Rich]

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Thanks given: 0 times
Thanks received: 1 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:54 am 

tjksgc wrote:
Streaming Video how?

Is there a way to wireless stream video to a TV
from the PC without having to buy dedicated hard
ware like Netgear EVA 2000 Digital entertainer

There must be some way to do this? I Hope
if not what is the least expensive way to go?

To my knowledge, your only other option is physically connect a computer (which hosts the media) to the TV i.e. with a VGA cable, HDMI etc.

Site Admin
Site Admin
Windows Guru²
Windows Guru²

Thanks given: 424 times
Thanks received: 213 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:37 pm 
For this post the author grr has received gratitude : Rich

Hi, here are my suggestions, please consider them.

Update:

1. Guide here

2. I am sorry about competition changes. Thomas explains what happened below.

4. I've just written the 2012 edition of the top security programs for Windows. Here are more security reviews: http://mintywhite.com/category/software ... -software/
[Rich]

Thanks, Grr

Quote:
1. There are 10 or more different types of keys for Microsoft products. example, VLM, KLM, abc, xyz, oem, etc. I have to admit that still till date I'm not having a proper and reasonable understanding of all these different keys. It would be great if a post could be made on the blog explaining the difference for these keys.

2. Appreciate if the rules/questions for the competitions are not changed, or at least notified if changes. Example WIN your copy of Foxit Phantom PDF [$129 Worth]. Here the questions were changed in between and so i'm not sure why?

3. How about our competitions? More? Less?
Good. I appreciate & thank you for all of ur competitions.

4. Is there some special software we should review?
Not going to be specific here, but I would appreciate to see a review of 1 security software every month, if possible.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Thanks given: 6 times
Thanks received: 3 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:55 pm 

Hello there.

I would like to know how to tame the 'save file' window in Windows 7.

Firstly, it always appears too small. No matter how many times I resize it, it does not 'remember'.

Secondly, I would love it to open at 'Computer'. Is there a way to do this? I'm sick of having to expand the window, scroll up
and select 'computer' from the left window.

Thank-you for your time.

Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Thanks given: 0 times
Thanks received: 0 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:07 pm 

wreckage wrote:

Secondly, I would love it to open at 'Computer'. Is there a way to do this? I'm sick of having to expand the window, scroll up

Thank-you for your time.

Hi wreckage.

You could pin the My Computer to taskbar for easy access, or create a shortcut for the same on desktop. Refer below:

Open Explorer Into My Computer Instead Of Libraries
http://mintywhite.com/windows-7/7customization/open-explorer-computer-libraries/

Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:52 pm 

wreckage wrote:
Hello there.

I would like to know how to tame the 'save file' window in Windows 7.

Firstly, it always appears too small. No matter how many times I resize it, it does not 'remember'.

Thank-you for your time.

Good suggestion. I believe you are referring to the save dialog that pops up through different programs when you save a file. i.e. what you see if you press CTRL+S right now? Mine seems to remember the size of the window although the folder may change from the desktop at times (sometimes browsers open to their cache folder or media programs open to their Program Files directory.)

I don't have a direct solution for this (although I am pretty sure the save window should remember its size in *most* programs) but it's definitely something we'll look into.

Site Admin
Site Admin
Windows Guru²
Windows Guru²

Thanks given: 424 times
Thanks received: 213 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:24 pm 

Quote:
2. Appreciate if the rules/questions for the competitions are not changed, or at least notified if changes. Example WIN your copy of Foxit Phantom PDF [$129 Worth]. Here the questions were changed in between and so i'm not sure why?

Usually we don't change questions or rules during an open competition.
The Foxit Competition however was extended on account on few entires. So in an effort to get more entries we decided to make new questions that would suite our audience better than the first set of entry questions.

All contestants were concidered for the competition no matter which set of entry questions they answered.

-Thomas

Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:50 pm 

NorwayDude wrote:
Quote:

Usually we don't change questions or rules during an open competition.
The Foxit Competition however was extended on account on few entires. So in an effort to get more entries we decided to make new questions that would suite our audience better than the first set of entry questions.

All contestants were concidered for the competition no matter which set of entry questions they answered.

-Thomas

Thanks for the reply Thomas. I appreciate it. Sorry for my ignorance but i didn't knew the reason behind the change of questions. I didn't wanted to annoy you or anybody. Please pardon me :roll:

Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:49 am 

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Thomas. I appreciate it. Sorry for my ignorance but i didn't knew the reason behind the change of questions. I didn't wanted to annoy you or anybody. Please pardon me :roll:

we don't get offended easily :)
All questions are welcome in our forum. ;)

Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Profile E-mail  

Page 5 of 11 [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next