Wooohooooooooooooooo!!! I've solved it!!!!!!
The procedure I've done is the follwoing:
1. Insatll the "Sony Visual Communication Camera Driver 220.127.116.11 Windows XP" that I've found over the internet belongs to other Sony VGN models. It has model protection, so you have to open it with the wonderfull application "Universal Extractor"
(that helped me when I've installed the Win7 before Sony published its drivers). You can download the file from here
or just search by its name.
2. Restart the machine (several times if needed) till the 'Imaging Devices' entry will reappear in the device list with the "Sony Visual Communication Camera" device in it. On this phase, when testing the camera (in Skype or ArcSoft ebcam companion) you will get a black screen and a message saying the camera is not working correctly (earlier, the message was that a camera does not exist...).
3. Then (DRUMS ROLLING) I took the usbvideo.inf and usbvideo.sys files (see attached below) from a guy I met with Sony VGN-Z820 and replaced them with the ones in my laptop. The amazing thing is that the inf file was exactly the same and the sys file had exactly th same size (up to the byte). Replacing the files also took some process:
3.a. Go to "C:\Windows\inf" and change the usbvideo.pnf and usbvideo.inf file names to usbvideo1.pnf and usbvideo1.inf
3.b. Paste the usbvideo.inf I attached here to "C:\Windows\inf".
3.c. Open "C:\Windows\System32\drivers" and change the file owner of "usbvideo.sys" file from TrustedInstaller to yourself or alike (if you dont know how - check here
), then you can change its name to usbvideo1.sys.
3.d. Paste the usbvideo.sys I attached here to "C:\Windows\System32\drivers".
4. Go to "Device Manager" and update the "Sony Visual Communication Camera" device driver by pointing to the new usbvideo.inf file.
5. Voila, you have the webcam working and the "Sony Visual Communication Camera" device changed its name to "USB Video".
New usbvideo inf & sys.7z