It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Register for Windows Forums

Register for Windows Forums now to gain access to: post messages, download free books, competitions for great prizes, and get to know others. Members also see NO ADVERTS. Join today!

Page 2 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Message Author

Post subject: Re: New Laptop - any suggestions?
New postPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:10 am 

Found a great Australian supplier (for any Aussies's here), MLN. Just got the Belkin PlayMax router (for under $200AUD) and am now getting much better internet speed.

Instead of 4-5mbs on both wireless and Ethernet I'm getting 10-12mbs wireless and 17mbs+ on the Ethernet on the DM3. Finally got a perfect system. Only thing is upload speed. Any ways to maximize upload? Or is >1mbs normal?

Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member

Thanks given: 38 times
Thanks received: 19 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: desktop service | desktops
New postPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:21 am 

Had my Toshiba L500 give out on me about a month ago and as it is out of warranty (by around a week when it died),
it will cost more than I paid for it in the first place to replace the motherboard, RAM, and CPU etc. It was
caused by my mistake of leaving it on on a 47*c day.

Well i like Lenovo Thinkpad Edge 13

Ended up getting a bargain on the HP Pavilion DM3 (Core 2 Duo, 13" Screen, 512mb nvidea graphics, 4gb ram and a 320gb 7200rpm HD) for $579.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Thanks given: 0 times
Thanks received: 0 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: New Laptop - any suggestions?
New postPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:57 am 

randomchaos wrote:
@ jumper918 - When I bought my Acer tower last year I made the recovery discs when I first started using it but I also had the option to make a completely SEPERATE disc for all the drivers for the bloatware. I found this useful because some of the bloatware that came with my tower was ACTUALLY "useful". The seperate disc I made for the bloatware drivers came with checkboxes, so I could "pick and choose" which apps I could install again if I so chose to do so. [The ones I found useful were free video/audio converters] - It was good to have the bloatware disc seperate from the OS recovery discs ....... hope you've made your recovery discs by the way ....!?! ;)
Nice choice of laptop you got there too! :)

thanks for the info..... :thumbup:

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Thanks given: 0 times
Thanks received: 0 times
 Profile E-mail  

Page 2 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2