It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Register for Windows Forums

Register for Windows Forums now to gain access to: post messages, download free books, competitions for great prizes, and get to know others. Members also see NO ADVERTS. Join today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
Message Author

Post subject: Built in USB 3.0 issues and Hardware overheating Issues  Topic is solved
New postPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:13 pm 

Hey all,

Just a quick question this time I recently purchased a case upgrade (from a basic one to a TT Chaser MK1) and the case came with 2 built in USB 3.0 ports. This had been one of the main selling points for me figuring it would save me from getting an expansion card down the road. I didn't realize that USB 3.0 uses a different plug to connect to the mobo than 2.0 (which my Asus P7P55D-LE doesn't have).

That's not really too much of a problem for me, USB 3.0 would've been nice but its not necessary by any stretch the thing that's bugging me right now is the fact that I have 2 useless USB ports on the front. Is there some sort of adapter that can convert the 3.0 plug into something that would be on my motherboard? (PCI, SATA, USB 2.0, etc.)
Thanks,

Edit:
Rather than starting another topic I though I'd just add this here.
What should the average temp be fore a i5 750 with stock cooler? Mines sitting around 50*c idling and around 60-70*c under load. That is with all fans running full blast. Not sure if I should be worried. In either case I'm planning on getting an aftermarket CPU cooler in the next few weeks so if anyone has any suggestions that'd be good too.
Thanks again,

Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member

Thanks given: 38 times
Thanks received: 19 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Built in USB 3.0 issues and Hardware overheating Issues
New postPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:16 am 
For this post the author XxBizxX has received gratitude : jumper918

Quote:
That's not really too much of a problem for me, USB 3.0 would've been nice but its not necessary by any stretch the thing that's bugging me right now is the fact that I have 2 useless USB ports on the front. Is there some sort of adapter that can convert the 3.0 plug into something that would be on my motherboard? (PCI, SATA, USB 2.0, etc.)
Thanks,

Not Possible ! Frequency Is Different , Even if you connected them through small cables only!

Quote:
Rather than starting another topic I though I'd just add this here.
What should the average temp be fore a i5 750 with stock cooler? Mines sitting around 50*c idling and around 60-70*c under load. That is with all fans running full blast. Not sure if I should be worried. In either case I'm planning on getting an aftermarket CPU cooler in the next few weeks so if anyone has any suggestions that'd be good too.
Thanks again,

between 63 n 69 ! no need to be worried ! and it is best that you keep it as it is .. without any coolers or imp.

Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Thanks given: 7 times
Thanks received: 25 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Built in USB 3.0 issues and Hardware overheating Issues
New postPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:39 pm 
For this post the author Candunc has received gratitude : jumper918

Intel i5 Processors are good up to 105 Celsius, so it is really good to have it in that kind of range. I wouldn't recommend them getting over 100 Celsius though, even 90 over long periods of time.

USB 3 to 2? I don't think so, unless there was a way to convert them to USB 2 only ports. I'm sure there is a way or connector, you'd loose the speed though.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Thanks given: 0 times
Thanks received: 1 times
 Profile E-mail  

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]