It is currently Tue May 30, 2017 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Register for Windows Forums

Register for Windows Forums now to gain access to: post messages, download free books, competitions for great prizes, and get to know others. Members also see NO ADVERTS. Join today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
Message Author

Post subject: Hardware is formatted & empty but it shows not enough Space
New postPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:04 am 

Hi,
I am using windows XP. Recently i have been tried to install Windows 7 but my sound drivers didn't work properly. So I tried to re-install Windows 7. At the installation time i chose to format drive and install. It shows there was not enough space on the disc. So I tried to Windows XP disc and the same thing happened. So please tell me why this is happening and advice me what can i do?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Thanks given: 0 times
Thanks received: 0 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Hardware is formatted & empty but it shows not enough Space
New postPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:16 pm 

Download the Home bootable CD @ http://www.partitionwizard.com/download.html It's a mini tool that can wipe your data, start over, and repartition, set to Logical, and Active after the wipe/format it done.

Then install Win 7. Remember, don't expect Win 7 or Win XP to install all your drivers. You would need to gather your hardware specs, and get the necessary drivers for your specific hardware as well as your x64 or x86 platform.

The key to a successful re-installation of Windows, is writing down the hardware specs, so that it's easier to get the drivers, and or having a back of your most recent drivers for your system, that way, when your done installing Win 7, you'd be on your way to installing the drivers.

What's your hardware? e.g. Desktop, Laptop, and what platform, e.g. x64 or x86.

Cheers

Windows Guru
Windows Guru

Thanks given: 33 times
Thanks received: 137 times
 Profile E-mail  

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]