It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Register for Windows Forums

Register for Windows Forums now to gain access to: post messages, download free books, competitions for great prizes, and get to know others. Members also see NO ADVERTS. Join today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
Message Author

Post subject: laptop problem
New postPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:52 am 

my laptop will not work. when i connected the power lead nothing happens but if i wiggle the lead the power light on the laptop flickers.

how can i fix this and will it be expensive.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Thanks given: 1 times
Thanks received: 0 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
New postPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:32 am 

Do you know anyone who uses the same brand of laptop as you? Could you borrow their charging cable so you can test and see if it's the cable?

If it turns out not to be the cable, you could open the laptop casing and see if you can repair the damaged connection yourself. You may need some solder and an iron to reattach any loose components on the power supply.

Assuming there is some damage and you're not comfortable making a fix, I'd estimate (based on the very little information I have) that getting it repaired will run $60-120 USD + parts cost if any are needed.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Site Admin
Site Admin
Windows Guru²
Windows Guru²

Thanks given: 424 times
Thanks received: 213 times
 Profile E-mail  

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]