It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:59 am

Register for Windows Forums

Register for Windows Forums now to gain access to: post messages, download free books, competitions for great prizes, and get to know others. Members also see NO ADVERTS. Join today!

Page 2 of 2 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Message Author

Post subject: Re: A light WORD doc
New postPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:56 am 

First Microsoft Office is a great Program, but if you just use Word you could try Jarte (freeware)
Quote:
(word processor uses Microsoft's reliable, fast starting WordPad word processing engine while adding many features missing in WordPad)
its light and works well.

PCs tend to slow with more apps installed, rubbish build up, corruption etc and if you don't want to install even more apps to clean try >

1 Click your start button on your desktop (bottom left)

2 In search type cmd , this will bring up your jump list and you will see the black cmd Icon right click on it and in the drop down menu click (run as administrator)

3 In the black cmd (command prompt) window type cleanmgr/sagerun:1 and press Enter/Return on your Keyboard, the cleaning process will run.

4 After the process has run (a matter of seconds) in the cmd window type exit and press Enter/Return, the cmd window will close and your system has been cleaned.

Established Member
Established Member

Thanks given: 0 times
Thanks received: 0 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: A light WORD doc
New postPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:16 pm 

vaiojapan wrote:
My old PC is slowing down. I need something light to open my (mainly) word docs. Right now (esp. if other software is going) a word document takes quite a while to open
Do any of you know small light programs that do the job (faster)

Thanks

When my security software updated to 2014, I noticed the AntiVirus ran slower, so I used different software. You may want to back up your files. You could try a portable version of the old openoffice, or apache open office: http://www.openoffice.org/.

I noticed WPS (formerly kingsoft) released a ~45Mb version of an office suite and are working on their 2014 version: http://www.wps.com/windows/

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Thanks given: 2 times
Thanks received: 2 times
 Profile E-mail  

Page 2 of 2 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2