Yes. I've connected my earth net wire Rich and thats much better. My download speed is now 15.45 Mbps. I didn't actually disconnect my wireless I just plugged the earth net wire in and thats all I did. Do I really have to disconnect the wireless ?. Do you think I do need an up to date network card ?. I'm not sure where to find that info on my computer (i.e the A/B network card). Would that be the 802.11 b/g wireless adaptor?. If all else fails I might as well keep the earth net wire in since my laptop still works fine that way.
If you are not inconvenienced by having the ethernet connected, you can just leave everything as it is.
To disable the wireless card, you can do three things:
1. Remove the card.
2. Disable the adapter in Device Manager.
3. Disable the adapter in the Network settings.
Option 3 is the quickest and easiest. To do this in Vista:
- Click the Network icon in the notification area, and click Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Change adapter settings.
- Right click the wireless adapter and click Disable