It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:36 am

Register for Windows Forums

Register for Windows Forums now to gain access to: post messages, download free books, competitions for great prizes, and get to know others. Members also see NO ADVERTS. Join today!

Page 2 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Message Author

Post subject: Re: Gateway LX 6810
New postPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:46 pm 

McStud wrote:
I tried to tell to him to spend the extra $$ for an installation disk, but he still ended up spending 119$ just for the upgrade disk. Great minds think alike. Wipe that HDD and do a clean install. I feel sorry for people who have a large amount of data that they cannot live without. Fortunately, my simple lifestyle allows for simple interaction with my computer....

Don't feel sorry for the incomplete and lack thereof, just say, "Well, that's your choice." You gave your opinion.... that's all you did... one can't force the other to do the more EFFICIENT thing... I always do a complete WIPE, 0's, than 1's finally, Random 0's and 1's.... This makes for a CLEAN install.... usually, one pass wipe will pick up some left over files previously installed, like drivers.... This happened to me a few times, that's why I stuck with at least 3 pass wipe which Stu does not like to do, due to the lack of patience. Haha..

Windows Guru
Windows Guru

Thanks given: 33 times
Thanks received: 137 times
 Profile E-mail  

Page 2 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2