It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:40 am

Register for Windows Forums

Register for Windows Forums now to gain access to: post messages, download free books, competitions for great prizes, and get to know others. Members also see NO ADVERTS. Join today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
Message Author

Post subject: Windows Movie Maker for Windows 7
New postPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:25 am 

Ok, this may be a little winded, but I have to explain the situation before I ask the question. Last week for the first time since I got my computer, (which I had for about 2 months now) I got a BSOD. I wasn't able to boot up. Unfortunately, I had to restore the system to the original factory settings, so of course I lost everything. I like to do videos and upload them to YouTube. Sometimes I have to download a video, then convert it to the .wmv format and upload. So I'll either use Windows Movie maker enhancement pack or Windows Live movie maker. The problem is, if I use Windows Movie Maker enhancement pack, I get the following message: The file C:\Users\Glen\Downloads\Sid Marty Krofft Television Productions (1969).wmv cannot be imported because the codec required to play the file is not installed on your computer. If you have already tried to download and install the codec, close and restart Windows Movie Maker, and then try to import the file again. So I tried downloading all the codecs that I can find and installed them, but I still get the same message. Now certain videos I do, I need to use the enhancement pack. How can I get rid of this error?? Please help. :?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Established Member
Established Member

Thanks given: 0 times
Thanks received: 0 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Windows Movie Maker for Windows 7
New postPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:51 am 

Try :ugeek:

Here ;)

Here & And Here too :geek: :P

Contributor
Contributor