It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 5:31 pm

Register for Windows Forums

Register for Windows Forums now to gain access to: post messages, download free books, competitions for great prizes, and get to know others. Members also see NO ADVERTS. Join today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
Message Author

Post subject: ASUS
New postPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:19 pm 

Help please:

I have a ASUS M2A-VM and I am trying to install a third SATA drive of 1 TB and have been having big problems only one HD shows up and the DVD, I have a 160GB ATA drive connected as well as 1 DVD on slot one of SATA on number 2 sot has a SATA 1 TB drive connected, now these SATA plugs are 2 red and 2 blue, when I tried to connect the third drive this is when I got into all the problems.

I have the manual but I don't under stand it at all.

Thanks a million in advance for all any help I can receive on this problem. :)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Thanks given: 0 times
Thanks received: 0 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: ASUS
New postPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:45 pm 

So you have your primary hard drive connected to Sata Slot 1 (Red) and your DVD drive connected to Sata Slot 2 (Red)?

Is the 1TB drive spinning up when it's connected to the PSU? (I feel I should remind us that you should be careful with an open case that's powered on...)

If all three drives have power, try using the Sata cable from the DVD drive for the 1TB drive. If both drives show up, you may have a defective cable.

Please report back so we can continue to troubleshoot if you continue to encounter issues.

Site Admin
Site Admin
Windows Guru²
Windows Guru²

Thanks given: 424 times
Thanks received: 213 times
 Profile E-mail  

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]