It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 3:20 pm

Register for Windows Forums

Register for Windows Forums now to gain access to: post messages, download free books, competitions for great prizes, and get to know others. Members also see NO ADVERTS. Join today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
Message Author

Post subject: help on both Chrome+Explorer
New postPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:57 am 

HI J:As I’m having PC Issues,naturally I thought of asking this board. My pages sometimes either load real slow or not all. As I now have to use both IExplorer,or Chrome in my book sites,I’m wondering if this could be the problem. Any ideas?
thanks

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Established Member
Established Member

Thanks given: 1 times
Thanks received: 0 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: help on both Chrome+Explorer
New postPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:53 pm 
For this post the author chiefcomputergeek has received gratitude : larry ziegler

Do both IE and Chrome load pages slowly? Typically pages loading slow will happen over time, as the browser gets clogged with temp files, cookies, browser add-ons; and usually only happens on one browser.
If both are slow at the same time, then I suspect some spyware /malware.
On IE, you can 'reset' the browser, deleting temp files, cookies, etc. This will often help pages to load faster.
As I don't use Chrome or have it installed, I'm not sure how to do this.
I suggest scanning for spyware/malware as well. Do you have an anti spyware program installed.
Lately, I've found Malwarebytes to be one of the better ones at detecting & removing spyware. The free version won't block spyware installation, but will remove it.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Thanks given: 0 times
Thanks received: 3 times
 Profile E-mail  

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]