It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:16 am

Register for Windows Forums

Register for Windows Forums now to gain access to: post messages, download free books, competitions for great prizes, and get to know others. Members also see NO ADVERTS. Join today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
Message Author

Post subject: Microsoft Registry Cleaner – Shedding Light on Its Functioni
New postPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:50 am 

What occurs when a Microsoft registry cleaner is installed on your computer? You understand that your computer freshens up and is at the peak of the performance again with zero errors, pop-ups or freezing ever taking place. How does this software program function? The reply to that question calls for clarification thoroughly.

When you boot your system, the Microsoft registry cleaner gets loaded too and creates a backup of the system files and other configurations. This comprises details of user accounts, protocol binding particulars, setting of software applications and end-user preferences. The files included in a backup are system.dat, user.dat, win.ini, system.ini, etc. The subsequent function this registry repair tool goes forward to perform is to make a scanning of the registry for any useless data and void blocks that were present when the system gets started. When unwanted registries are discovered, the tool attempts to restore the backups of the previous days and in the event there are no such backups in existence, then it proceeds attempting to get the entire situation backed up.http://www.diigo.com/user/harrishmartin

New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Thanks given: 0 times
Thanks received: 1 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Microsoft Registry Cleaner – Shedding Light on Its Functioni
New postPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:33 am 

"Microsoft Registry Cleaner" .....!??! Rather misleading if you ask me! Anyone reading the above post and are maybe thinking that Microsoft are the vendors of this product are mistaken, so don't be fooled folks! ........ :wtf:

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Thanks given: 5 times
Thanks received: 97 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:30 am 

You know all those registry cleaner in that link LOL as Microsoft and Ed bott have stated in the past, you do not need to use a registry cleaner on OS's like windows vista and especially windows 7 and I do believe it will be the same for windows 8 too.

And as for this registry cleaner being "Microsoft's" piece of work, it clearly isn't and I don't know how they got away with naming it that.

They do advise against using them, and to be honest I do think the standalone registry cleaners will eventually be pushed aside and forgotten about, I know of people that have just stopped using them since windows 7 or just using Ccleaner occasionally for cleaning up old registries, as I have said before windows 7 is designed to ignore old registries and therefore will not slow the system down.

Registry cleaners will very soon be a thing of the past ;-)

Harrish I would start thinking about focussing on something else other than reg cleaners... just a thought ;-)

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Thanks given: 47 times
Thanks received: 132 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:09 pm 

Makcalable wrote:
You know all those registry cleaner in that link LOL as Microsoft and Ed bott have stated in the past, you do not need to use a registry cleaner on OS's like windows vista and especially windows 7 and I do believe it will be the same for windows 8 too.

And as for this registry cleaner being "Microsoft's" piece of work, it clearly isn't and I don't know how they got away with naming it that.

They do advise against using them, and to be honest I do think the standalone registry cleaners will eventually be pushed aside and forgotten about, I know of people that have just stopped using them since windows 7 or just using Ccleaner occasionally for cleaning up old registries, as I have said before windows 7 is designed to ignore old registries and therefore will not slow the system down.

Registry cleaners will very soon be a thing of the past ;-)

Harrish I would start thinking about focussing on something else other than reg cleaners... just a thought ;-)

I agree with you Makcalable, especially when you said "reg cleaners will soon be a thing of the past"! :geek:

Last edited by randomchaos on Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Thanks given: 5 times
Thanks received: 97 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:09 am 

I hope that MS goes the same direction as Apple because they have no Registry.

Windows Guru
Windows Guru

Thanks given: 33 times
Thanks received: 137 times
 Profile E-mail  

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]