It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:31 am

Register for Windows Forums

Register for Windows Forums now to gain access to: post messages, download free books, competitions for great prizes, and get to know others. Members also see NO ADVERTS. Join today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
Message Author
 Post subject: "World's thinnest 4G smartphone" launches
New postPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:59 pm 

Quote:
Motorola Mobility, the smartphone maker recently acquired by Google in a $12.5 billion (£7.7bn) deal, has announced the relaunch of its Razr brand with a new ultra-slim handset.

The new Droid Razr is described by Motorola as the "world's thinnest 4G smartphone", at 7.1mm thick, and featuring a chassis with a stainless steel core and woven kevlar on the back.

The handset has a hyper-saturated, Super AMOLED 4.3-inch Gorilla Glass display, which is said to "have more colours than most LCD HDTVs".

Inside the phone is a dual-core 1.2GHz processor, complete with 1GB of RAM, while the battery is claimed to deliver 12.5 hours of talk time and close to nine hours of video playback.

The eight-megapixel rear camera can shoot 1080p high definition video with image stabilisation, while the front-facing HD camera is set up for video calls.
more..

Image :thumbup:

Contributor
Contributor
Windows Guru
Windows Guru

Thanks given: 121 times
Thanks received: 263 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: "World's thinnest 4G smartphone" launches
New postPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:55 pm 

Once again, a quoted post that warrants no response. Everybody probably already heard about this anyways from other sites.

However, I'll respond with a bit of a jab - if you're going to steal Android news from elsewhere to post on this forum, why didn't you at least pick the best Android news of the day? Android 4.0 was showcased yesterday. Awesome! I'm looking forward to Google open sourcing the code for Android 4.0 so I can get Ice Cream Sandwich on my EVO.

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Thanks given: 9 times
Thanks received: 100 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:21 pm 

Yep ; you are right ;;;I was wanted to post about v 4.0 but i think It's not suitable for Windows Forums :think:

Contributor
Contributor
Windows Guru
Windows Guru

Thanks given: 121 times
Thanks received: 263 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:42 pm 

UVAIS wrote:
Yep ; you are right ;;;I was wanted to post about v 4.0 but i think It's not suitable for Windows Forums :think:

Let me take a jab here on this bad boy Android. Motorola Razr is not by far the thinnest, because they miscalculate the fact that Samsung Galaxy Nexus has not been compared. I'm disappointed with Samsung on this being only 5MP, and only 1,2GHz Dual Core when a month ago mentioned 1.5GHz, 8MP... yet they dropped to a more mediocre specs? Ridiculous... Samsung Galaxy Nexus is thinner then the Motorola, besides that, Samsung has a slightly curved phone.

Cheers

Windows Guru
Windows Guru

Thanks given: 33 times
Thanks received: 137 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:58 pm 

UVAIS wrote:

Don't be such a noob... you're trying to cover up the fact that you posted a stupid piece of news. Ummm - the RAZR is not Windows news either. That's why it's in the "Tech news" or "Off topic" forum. It doesn't have to be Windows related. All I ask is that you post something interesting and back it up with your own thoughts and opinions. I won't tolerate plagiarizing other articles with a picture and link anymore. I've warned against it before. We're nice enough that we've let you do it with a link. If you continue to post useless articles with copied summaries and a link, I'll have to scramble out to my shed and start polishing my banhammer.

On with my comment. You're right Rick, there isn't much point in comparing phones anymore unless it's done by a neutral third party. Obviously Motorola measures their phone thickness at its thinnest point (I mean, look at the huge bump where the camera is), while Samsung and Apple measures at it's thickest. It's also difficult in the day of curved phones. In my mind, it's the software that makes a difference, and Moto's skinned Android will never beat a stock Android that's several versions beyond what they're offering (Moto Blur 2.3 vs. AOSP 4.0? Puh-lease Moto).

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:19 pm 

Mike, we should deduct points off from his THANKS count. :lol: I believe you told him this months ago, same conversation!! Do I detect A.D.D.? :lol:

I'm more looking at what's on the inside/OpenSource, Android OS. I'd like to see this on my Droid X. Emmm...

Windows Guru
Windows Guru

Thanks given: 33 times
Thanks received: 137 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:14 am 

Quote:
Gotcha!! I know why you always talking against me

Uvais, no one is talking against you buddy it is just sometimes you are annoying.

Quote:
you jealous from my Thanks Count ; Why ? and i know the reason too but i'm not gonna to tell you

And nobody is jealous from your post count or how many thanks you have been given, nobody really cares. At the end of the day a thanks is kinda a good to get but for me what is more important is the fact that I had contributed good quality information that may have helped or solved someone's issues, now that is where the gratification comes in... within yourself, that you have helped someone and that you feel good about it, there is no greater feeling than giving someone good advice and it helps them out in some way.

Now I love what I do, it is a kinda hobby if you like but I enjoy helping other's I am not in it to see who has the best knowledge or more thanks but in it to see if I can help. And if I feel I am unable to help I will not post anything as that would be just pointless and clutter.

Quote:
you are always behaving like noob you are 41+ years old guy and these things not suited on you ; so be a gentle man not behaving like jealous noob ;; I ans everyone knows that you are MORE knowledgeable than me in Every (tech, Eng etc) field

Again the jealousy pops up... why? it has nothing to do with at all and yes many of us are older and wiser, people have been trying to point out to you for a very long time about what and how you post on this forum.... at the end of the day a forum needs good content and if the content is about certain products then it is better coming from a reliable source, it is all good and well having tech news we have it on our forum but we try and post stuff that people are really interested in but at the same time we to create our own useful content too in the way of tutorials, and written posts on foreseeable problems that people may have.

In the way of software we only post products that are free and that we think would be of any use to other's and that we have tried ourselves!

I think what some people are getting at is the quality of your posts, well I am pointing it out even if no one else will come out and say it, they are short, pointless and sometimes very condescending towards other members. I haven't see much useful content or helpfulness from you since I started this forum and it was the same when you joined my forum with you posting, it was a case of a 3 to 8 word posts that meant nothing to no one.

The way I see Uvais people have been trying to help you become a better forum team player not picking on you but I think it has go to the stage where people now know you just do not listen to any advice that has been given.

Quote:
So Please behave like Senior Not Kid

From what I have seen in the past and present is that you being the immature member here.

Now we all know you can get a bit touchy when people point out the truth, but what you should do is think about it and then take all that advice on board, the last thing a member with issues wants to see in their thread is pointless comments, jibes and mumbo jumbo comments, if you don't know don't comment.

Now don't get thinking that I am having a go because I am not, just stating a few facts that I think should have been brought to your attention that's all, I still like to think we are still buddies!

Now people may not like what I have said but many will be thinking it, I said it while you were posting on my forum but you didn't listen you just didn't come back, just trying to help.

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Thanks given: 47 times
Thanks received: 132 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:15 pm 

UPDATE: Forum rules have been updated by Rich to include the following:

Quote:
8. Please do not plagiarize from other websites. Updated Oct 20th 2011: Please only include a snippet of a post, a credit link, and your own thoughts/discussion on the subject

Please note that the word "snippet" is defined as such in the dictionary:

Quote:
a small scrap or fragment

Try to stick to this definition and keep your direct quoting of other articles to a minimum (a couple sentences at most).

Hopefully this will cut down on blatant plagiarism that serves no purpose on this forum, and instead leads to meaningful and fun discussion on happenings in the tech world. Thanks everyone.

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Profile E-mail  

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]