It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Register for Windows Forums

Register for Windows Forums now to gain access to: post messages, download free books, competitions for great prizes, and get to know others. Members also see NO ADVERTS. Join today!

Page 6 of 11 [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
Message Author

Post subject: Re: The Suggestion Box
New postPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:00 pm 
For this post the author dragonfly888 has received gratitude : Rich

I would really like to see reviews and categorization (i.e. Security, Disk/File Tools, Multimedia Tools, etc.) of PC Software... Commercial, Shareware and Freeware. We, as members, could then offer our comments and rate the software in order to arrive at rating and our "Top Picks".

Update: Response here [Rich]

There is also a possibility of expanding this to MAC & Linux software...

Update: We have a lot of suggestions for Linux; however, it's not a fit for Windows Guides and I'm not looking to add more sites right now. I really want to focus on Windows for the time being.

Perhaps you can pay these guys a visit: http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions ... forums-50/
[Rich]

Regards,
Kevin.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Thanks given: 0 times
Thanks received: 1 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:42 pm 

We've seen issues with Win 7 unable to start the users profile when not connected to the home domain. This is making the migration to 7 difficult. An explaination of hows user profile are located and loaded in 7, and Tech tips on how to recover the profile and prevent this issue would be great.

Update: We generally stay away from Domain-related topics as it becomes too complex and is best left to professional network admins.
[Rich]

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Thanks received: 0 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:32 pm 

I would like to see posts on word processing softwares like MS Word, Open Office Writer, AbiWord etc their features, comparison and applications.

Update: List here [Rich]

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Established Member
Established Member

Thanks given: 3 times
Thanks received: 9 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:41 pm 

Is there any processor that can replace the one in a
samsung n130 with greater capability ? N ;) ot the limited
ability of what I now have....

;)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Thanks received: 1 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:56 pm 

please include stuff on winmo as well as ways to reduce clutter of startup programs, there are so many things that we dont find info for on the web that makes me kindf less confident from removing them from startup

Update: This list should get you started [Rich]

New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:34 pm 

Here are my suggestions:

1. Article on software useful to smartphones. For example how to create ringtones, save SMS messages to pc, etc.

2. Article on how to create your own themes for windows 7.

Update: Guide here [Rich]

New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:56 am 

I came across this great idea that works in Vista and Win7. It works well on my Win 7. Try it!
1. Right click on the Desktop and choose NEW.
2. When new folder appears right click again and choose RENAME.
3. When opportunity come to rename the new folder type the line below EXACTLY. Actually, copy the line and past it in the renaming space of the new folder.
4. Click on the folder and you will get every instance Windows offers to fix computer problems.
5. You DO NOT PLACE THE LINE BELOW IN THE FOLDER. The folder is left empty.
6. The line to copy is:

GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

enjoy!

New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:57 am 

dragonfly888 wrote:
I would really like to see reviews and categorization (i.e. Security, Disk/File Tools, Multimedia Tools, etc.) of PC Software... Commercial, Shareware and Freeware. We, as members, could then offer our comments and rate the software in order to arrive at rating and our "Top Picks".

There is also a possibility of expanding this to MAC & Linux software...

Regards,
Kevin.

Hi Kevin, we have similar functionality right now:

Software by category:

http://mintywhite.com/category/software-reviews/

Ability to rate products (on most reviews since January 2010.):

http://mintywhite.com/windows-7/7securi ... -freeware/

Thanks for the suggestion; how could we improve (any suggestion is a good suggestion and helps)?

Site Admin
Site Admin
Windows Guru²
Windows Guru²

Thanks given: 424 times
Thanks received: 213 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:17 am 
For this post the author blue_moon1c has received gratitude : Rich

Dear Mintywhite,

I really enjoyed reading the topics posted here on mintywhite. I am always looking forward to visit everyday expecting what new lessons am i going to learn. The site is very informative, precise and straighforward in presenting topics which i can say is very helpful for solving issues that i sometimes encounter in my laptop.

My suggestion would be more topics on pc upgrading and maintenance. Before everytime I encounter a problem on my laptop I always bring it to the service center for repair and check-up only to find out that the problem is only minor. But now that I knew about Mintywhite, there's no need for me to bring it to the repair shop I am doing it myself and I'm very happy I can do it.

Update: We don't really cover much hardware on Windows Guides as that would involve me asking companies for hardware to test, which brings a bias etc.

Have you visited these guys yet?: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/

Rich

Thanks to you Mintywhite.

Keep it up!

Blue

New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Thanks received: 2 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:17 am 

Thank you Blue. If we can only help one person here at mintywhite, we have done what we set out to do! :)

Site Admin
Site Admin
Windows Guru²
Windows Guru²

Thanks given: 375 times
Thanks received: 441 times
 Profile E-mail  

Page 6 of 11 [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next