It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Register for Windows Forums

Register for Windows Forums now to gain access to: post messages, download free books, competitions for great prizes, and get to know others. Members also see NO ADVERTS. Join today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
Message Author

Post subject: Yahoo Messenger will not install, get error on Vista FIXED
New postPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:36 am 

I am using Vista and IE8 with all the latest updates.. I used to use Yahoo Messenger with no problems. When i recently tried to use it i got an error 0xc0150002. So i deleted the program.. Went back to Yahoo for a fresh download.. Half way thru the download i get a pop up message, the same error, 0xc0150002.. So it does not install.. I have tried all the recommended fixes on the Yahoo trouble shooting page, and any additional fixes recommended i found on Google search.. Nothing works.. I am trying to avoid doing a complete system reboot.. Any help would be apreciated.. All my friends and contacts use YM, Thank you..

PS, i have tried the Microsoft Fixit programs also.. I wish Microsoft had a complete system scan and repair program..

Last edited by tomstef on Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Thanks given: 0 times
Thanks received: 0 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Yahoo Messenger will not install, get error on Vista
New postPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:19 pm 

Okay, not a solution to this problem as such (and I do dislike it when people do this... :P) but have you tried an alternate client like Digsby, Pidgin etc? I find these clients work much better than the official clients.

Maybe you could do a system restore to a point where the software did work to see if that fixes it?

More information on system restore: http://mintywhite.com/windows-7/7mainte ... -xp-vista/

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Site Admin
Site Admin
Windows Guru²
Windows Guru²

Thanks given: 424 times
Thanks received: 213 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:23 pm 

All my available restore points don't go back far enough. All my YM friends are over seas, and they use YM. We do cam to cam, and YM live phone talk.. So there are no over seas, long distant phone bills.. I would like to stick with YM.. and i am trying to avoid a complete system reboot, and the hassel it will create..

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:44 pm 

download CCleaner from here and run it to get rid of all the old registry left over's from the last install then try and install the yahoo messenger again from here apparently people do have this trouble until they clear out the the old registries from the last install from when they upgraded to the newest version, hopefully this will help.

Hope this helps!

EDIT;

Also check here once you complete the above - Start - Computer - Local drive (C) - Program Files - Yahoo - Messenger - The Messenger folder should have been deleted If the Messenger folder is still visible - delete it.

Reboot computer.

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Thanks given: 47 times
Thanks received: 132 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Yahoo Messenger will not install, get error on Vista FIXED  Topic is solved
New postPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:56 am 

YM 10 would not install.. I fixed it by downloading YM 11 Beta.. Now it works great, and YM now has new features like

connecting YM with Facebook Chat.. it works good.. Check it out..

http://messenger.yahoo.com/beta/win

New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Yahoo Messenger will not install, get error on Vista FIXED
New postPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:12 am 

Glad you got it sorted tomstef :mrgreen:

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Thanks given: 47 times
Thanks received: 132 times