It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Register for Windows Forums

Register for Windows Forums now to gain access to: post messages, download free books, competitions for great prizes, and get to know others. Members also see NO ADVERTS. Join today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
Message Author
 Post subject: Windows Vista and themes from mintywhite.com
New postPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:01 pm 

Hello everyone. I just acquired a Gateway T-1616 laptop that needed a good cleaning in the fan area, which I took care of nicely and there are no shut offs as noted by previous owner now. This laptop came with Vista Home Premium 32-bit. I'm used to XP, so I know nothing about this OS. So far it has been an experience learning it and is way different from XP. I have plenty of questions, but I want to start out first with adding the third party themes I downloaded from MintyWhite.com.

Currenty I have 3 themes I downloaded to my scandisk usb adapter in .rar format and 7ZIP to unzip the themes.
Questions I have are, should I put the zip files on the desktop to start out or should they be put somewhere else? If I put them on the desktop and unzip them what will happen? I have never installed themes of any kind in my life and I really don't want to screw anything up since it has taken me quite awhile to do a fresh re-install of the Vista OS with all updates, etc, etc, and getting a feel for what is what and still learning.

Has anyone done this theme installation processes, which is probably a dumb question to ask at this point. I really don't like the plain look that Vista has and themes are minimal on this OS. Any help with making the theme install go smoothly will greatly be appreciated.

If there is anything you want to know I'll do my best to answer.

Thanks.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Thanks given: 0 times
Thanks received: 0 times
 Profile E-mail  

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]