It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Register for Windows Forums

Register for Windows Forums now to gain access to: post messages, download free books, competitions for great prizes, and get to know others. Members also see NO ADVERTS. Join today!

Page 5 of 6 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Message Author

Post subject: Re: Antivirus
New postPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:03 am 

AVAST can be a little bit of a nag as well, as a friend I live with has AVAST. It's not as bad as many other naggers out there.

I am up to par with MSE. It has stole the spotlight for FREEWARE Security.

Just my two cents

Windows Guru
Windows Guru

Thanks given: 33 times
Thanks received: 137 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:31 pm 

I used Avast for about 3 years ....... I never got nagged once with Avast .... :?

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Thanks given: 5 times
Thanks received: 97 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:11 pm 

But you have to renew your free license don't you? If your license expires, then it asked you to renew it and get a new license, therefore it nags....LOL....just not as bad as others are....

Windows Guru
Windows Guru

Thanks given: 33 times
Thanks received: 137 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:33 pm 

My personally suggestion in full mark on Escen Anty virus I like its function to remove the searing virus. many Anty virus I used but satisfied with Escan is Mach better to another because e scan can not delete our system file it only clean to finded virus .I seen many anti virus can remove with Our system virus also.that's why is it the best it remove only virus file.

New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Thanks given: 0 times
Thanks received: 0 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:40 pm 

@ ITGeekRC

Nagware
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nagware (also known as begware, annoyware or a nagscreen) is a type of shareware that reminds (or nags) the user to register it by paying a fee. It usually does this by popping up a message when the user starts the program, or intermittently while the user is using the application. These messages can appear as windows obscuring part of the screen or message boxes that can quickly be closed. Some nagware keeps the message up for a certain time period, forcing the user to wait to continue to use the program.
The intent is generally that the user will become so annoyed with the messages that he or she will register or buy it to get rid of them.
Examples of nagware are Windows Genuine Advantage, WinRAR, WinZip, mIRC, BitDefender 2009 Free Edition, AVG, Avira, Norton Internet Security and Snood. Some of these programs pop-up a window after their trial period is up telling the user to buy the program (or for WGA, to install a genuine copy of Windows). LimeWire or Antivir similarly reminds the user to update to the Pro version, although the free version is not just a free trial.

I thought maybe you needed some help defining what "nagware" is ....... so go figure!! :lol:

Renewing one's registration periodically for the FREE version of Avast is simply NOT the same as the above definition ...... old chap! ;)

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Thanks given: 5 times
Thanks received: 97 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:54 pm 

I personal use kaspersky Internet Security 2010 on 1 computers running Vista Ultimate 64bit, 1 running Vista Ultimate 32bit, 1 running XP pro desktop. 1 Vista 64bit laptop, and 2 XP Pro desktop, running Microsoft Security Essentials. Both work without any problem. For a free program like Microsoft Security Essentials, that the way I will be going, when my Kaspersky subscription runs out.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Thanks given: 1 times
Thanks received: 1 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:39 am 

AVG has run without a hitch on my various XP and Vista machines.

Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Thanks received: 1 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:50 am 

Stunned wrote:
Rather than skirt between numerous free trials of high-end antivirus programs i held my breath and plumped for Avast! (free edition)
Needless to say i havent looked back. There is nothing more satisfying than the reassuring tones of your antivirus telling you that it has updated the virus database :lol:
Every little program is a cog that makes my machine - simply awesome! :D

Exactly, the female voice is just pure satisfaction

I use Avast for about 4 years now, OK I was cheating on her now and than but always came back to her :lol:

Its simply the best free AV like mentioned before

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Thanks given: 72 times
Thanks received: 59 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:04 pm 

Try avast internet sec.2011 its best in evry type of pc i m useing to it no effect in pc speed n update fast in evry type of server :D

Contributor
Contributor
Windows Guru
Windows Guru

Thanks given: 121 times
Thanks received: 263 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:16 am 

um.. do we really need anti-virus in windows Vista? I don't use any anti-virus ..but i m not sure i'm fully secured of viruses or not..

Last edited by reenfoo on Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Thanks received: 0 times
 Profile E-mail  

Page 5 of 6 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next