It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Register for Windows Forums

Register for Windows Forums now to gain access to: post messages, download free books, competitions for great prizes, and get to know others. Members also see NO ADVERTS. Join today!

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Message Author

Post subject: Re: What is a good way to speed up web browsing?
New postPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:19 am 

I've been using Chrome for nearly a week and I'm really pleased I gave it a try now! I really get frustrated sat there waiting for pages to open with "some" browsers. There's none of that with Chrome, it fairs exactly the same on my W7 as it does on my XP-Pro ..... FAST!! For my personal needs, I don't need zillions of add-ons, bells and whistles that just clock up the memory usage, I just want a fast, good lookin' browser! I'm also not a fan of toolbars, menu bars and favourites bars in browsers ..... but the Bookmarks Bar in Chrome just doesn't look out of place at all, in fact it aids faster browsing to what is already a fast browser. Downloads seem very quick too with Chrome and there are plenty of skins [more coming soon too, from what I've been reading!] for it. Anyone who hasn't tried Chrome yet ought to try it. It's aesthetically pleasing too, makes IE7/8 and some other browsers look pretty drab in comparison!
Since I've been using W7 I haven't bothered with Vista [W7 and Vista both on same laptop] and similarly, since I've been using Chrome ...... I haven't bothered with IE8! - Chrome is fast and almost "instant" ....... just like W7 is! :D

Last edited by randomchaos on Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:11 am, edited 6 times in total.

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Thanks given: 5 times
Thanks received: 97 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:46 am 

Exactly right me too using here chrome version 3.0.195.21 very fast and stable. i will recommend u all try this u will feel new internet experience as same like windows 7.

Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member

Thanks given: 0 times
Thanks received: 8 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:21 am 

@ nikitash - Exactly! :D

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Thanks given: 5 times
Thanks received: 97 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:47 pm 

Rendering in IE8 is pretty good... although at times does seem to lag behind other browsers. When they are put to the ACID Test (look it up), IE is pretty much the only one that still fails, while Opera scores 100% and others are right up there and often 100% as well (Chrome, FireFox, Safari). I do believe WebKit helps a lot with Chrome and Safari in that arena. However, sometimes Microsoft still fails pretty hard at keeping up with stuff like that, and it bugs me when it fails a page render or I have to wait for a page load or have to refresh, so I'm sticking with Chrome. I also like download managers on my browser, which everyone has except for IE.

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Thanks given: 9 times
Thanks received: 100 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:11 pm 

Ah, but from what I remember, I think that Safari, Firefox were all eventually hacked, but I think Chrome was the only one left standing?

http://www.techspot.com/news/38368-major-browsers-fall-on-day-one-of-pwn2own-chrome-survives.html

JustinzHereNow wrote:
ya. just stop using safari after reading this:
http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/23051/s ... wn-contest

using firefox 3.5.3 and chrome now on win7 and mac.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Established Member
Established Member

Thanks given: 1 times
Thanks received: 0 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:16 pm 

Who the heck use Safari? I hate that browser...Meh....

Windows Guru
Windows Guru

Thanks given: 33 times
Thanks received: 137 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:53 am 

I have use TraceMonkey-enabled Firefox 3.1 called "Minefield" when you run it, because it can be a bit, well, but Windows users can also test drive 3.1 without harming their existing Firefox.

New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Thanks received: 1 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:29 am 

clean up ur internet cache,delete temporary files , clean registry, ping ur default gate way ip address,let say ur network address is 203.99.675.240, go to start menu, click on run and typr ping and the default gate way ip address and -t and press enter this will boost up ur internet speed to some extent, and clean up ur internet cache with some software or by manually if u know hoe to or use some software (reginout reg cleaner) may help u

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Established Member
Established Member

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:33 am 

Buy a VPN, it may help you.

Good luck

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Profile E-mail  

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2