It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Register for Windows Forums


New posts Register

Register for Windows Forums now to gain access to: post messages, download free books, competitions for great prizes, and get to know others. Members also see NO ADVERTS. Join today!




 Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Message Author
 
 Post subject: removing unwanted folders..
New postPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:27 pm 

when we uninstall some of the files/software..
then some of the folders that includes the files will be left over in the PROGRAM FILES
folder ..
how to know that these folders are left and is there any software to remove these folders
so that there ll be no junk left over...??

suggest me the softwares ...


Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
User avatar
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:38 am
Posts: 72
Thanks given: 19 times
Thanks received: 3 times
Location: bangalore
OS: Vista Starter
 Profile E-mail  
 
Offline
 
 Post subject: Re: removing unwanted folders..
New postPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:10 am 

anil wrote:
when we uninstall some of the files/software..
suggest me the softwares ...


Try any Good Uninstaller See Here ;)



_________________
Image
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
User avatar
Contributor
Contributor
Windows Guru
Windows Guru

Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:08 pm
Posts: 1505
Thanks given: 121 times
Thanks received: 263 times
Location: UVAIS-PC
OS: 7 Ultimate
 Profile E-mail  
 
Offline
 
 Post subject: Re: removing unwanted folders..  Topic is solved
New postPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:37 pm 

I recommend Revo Uninstaller. Here's a review I did: http://mintywhite.com/software-reviews/ ... ompletely/



_________________
Image
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Windows Guru²
Windows Guru²

Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:33 pm
Posts: 2813
Thanks given: 424 times
Thanks received: 213 times
OS: 8 Pro
 Profile E-mail  
 
Offline
 
 Post subject: Re: removing unwanted folders..
New postPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:10 pm 

I agree with Rich. Revo Uninstaller is the best. It cleans left over registry entries as well when set in advanced mode.



_________________
~Rick
Quote: "If at first you don't succeed, Destroy all evidences you have tried"
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
User avatar
Windows Guru
Windows Guru

Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:38 am
Posts: 1306
Thanks given: 33 times
Thanks received: 137 times
Location: Underworld Realm
OS: 8 Pro
 Profile E-mail  
 
Offline
 
 Post subject: Re: removing unwanted folders..
New postPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:15 pm 

However I would prefer a completely different method. What if we could know what changes a software does by monitoring it during installation to undo the same during uninstallation ! ! That's a 100% clean uninstall :) . The Ashampoo Uninstaller does this exactly and a lot LOT more. It's a FULL BLOWN Pc tune up utility. Get it here at http://www.ashampoo.com/en/usd/pin/1003 ... nstaller-4 :) . Fully compatible with 32/64 Bit Windows, any version.



_________________
Image
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
User avatar
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:59 am
Posts: 327
Thanks given: 58 times
Thanks received: 45 times
OS: 8 Pro
 Profile E-mail  
 
Offline
 
 Post subject: Re: removing unwanted folders..
New postPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:12 pm 

Jeet wrote:
However I would prefer a completely different method. What if we could know what changes a software does by monitoring it during installation to undo the same during uninstallation ! ! That's a 100% clean uninstall :) . The Ashampoo Uninstaller does this exactly and a lot LOT more. It's a FULL BLOWN Pc tune up utility. Get it here at http://www.ashampoo.com/en/usd/pin/1003 ... nstaller-4 :) . Fully compatible with 32/64 Bit Windows, any version.


Great thoughts mate!!!!

My I throw another log in the fire?

According to this site:

http://ashampoo-uninstaller.en.softonic ... r-portable

REVO beats Ashampoo. :-(

However, when you install a software, it leaves a flurry of scattered trails throughout the registry, because Normal Uninstall, through Program & Features or Add/REmove in XP will not remove everything, not even registry leftovers.

I can forensically see what you have installed and uninstall, but the trails are still scattered. To monitor what changed and to undo those changes, unless you know ALL REGISTRY changes, than yeah maybe, but I doubt you will monitor it's registry entries, not that I doubt your skills. Think of your registry as a Giant Sea where treasures are buried under the sea floors but can't see it unless you do some digging, can you dig by hand?

This is just my theory perspective.... Emmmmm.....

Cheers mate



_________________
~Rick
Quote: "If at first you don't succeed, Destroy all evidences you have tried"
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
User avatar
Windows Guru
Windows Guru

Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:38 am
Posts: 1306
Thanks given: 33 times
Thanks received: 137 times
Location: Underworld Realm
OS: 8 Pro
 Profile E-mail  
 
Offline
 
 Post subject: Re: removing unwanted folders..
New postPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:00 am 

ITGeekRC wrote:
Great thoughts mate!!!!

My I throw another log in the fire?

According to this site:

http://ashampoo-uninstaller.en.softonic ... r-portable

REVO beats Ashampoo. :-(

However, when you install a software, it leaves a flurry of scattered trails throughout the registry, because Normal Uninstall, through Program & Features or Add/REmove in XP will not remove everything, not even registry leftovers.

I can forensically see what you have installed and uninstall, but the trails are still scattered. To monitor what changed and to undo those changes, unless you know ALL REGISTRY changes, than yeah maybe, but I doubt you will monitor it's registry entries, not that I doubt your skills. Think of your registry as a Giant Sea where treasures are buried under the sea floors but can't see it unless you do some digging, can you dig by hand?

This is just my theory perspective.... Emmmmm.....

Cheers mate


Great take, ITGeekRC, and you are perfectly correct, it's a impossible task.
As a matter of fact, I only know very little registry :oops: .
But I really want to learn more about it.
What would be your recommendation as an expert, on how I learn more about the Windows Registry? Links, Resources etc?
And you are most correct with the "big sea" similitude. Windows registry is really an awesome world, and I would really love to get much closer to it than I am now. Please suggest me some good resources mate.

Best, Jeet.



_________________
Image
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
User avatar
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:59 am
Posts: 327
Thanks given: 58 times
Thanks received: 45 times
OS: 8 Pro
 Profile E-mail  
 
Offline
 
 Post subject: Re: removing unwanted folders..
New postPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:10 pm 

Jeet wrote:
ITGeekRC wrote:
Great thoughts mate!!!!

My I throw another log in the fire?

According to this site:

http://ashampoo-uninstaller.en.softonic ... r-portable

REVO beats Ashampoo. :-(

However, when you install a software, it leaves a flurry of scattered trails throughout the registry, because Normal Uninstall, through Program & Features or Add/REmove in XP will not remove everything, not even registry leftovers.

I can forensically see what you have installed and uninstall, but the trails are still scattered. To monitor what changed and to undo those changes, unless you know ALL REGISTRY changes, than yeah maybe, but I doubt you will monitor it's registry entries, not that I doubt your skills. Think of your registry as a Giant Sea where treasures are buried under the sea floors but can't see it unless you do some digging, can you dig by hand?

This is just my theory perspective.... Emmmmm.....

Cheers mate


Great take, ITGeekRC, and you are perfectly correct, it's a impossible task.
As a matter of fact, I only know very little registry :oops: .
But I really want to learn more about it.
What would be your recommendation as an expert, on how I learn more about the Windows Registry? Links, Resources etc?
And you are most correct with the "big sea" similitude. Windows registry is really an awesome world, and I would really love to get much closer to it than I am now. Please suggest me some good resources mate.

Best, Jeet.


I disagree with you Jeet, but I'll let you have it your way... One doesn't have to be a Forensic Examiner to detects all evidence within a REGISTRY. I don't claim I know it all, but to my labs, exams, practice, studies... I know where to get information to the extent that you're not able to. Facts, I DON'T claim that I am better then you... Never did.. I speak from experience.

Good luck to you.

FYI: Please do not PM and ask me to answer your question, I feel like I'm being pushed. I have hundreds of things going on plus my finals are around the corner + 19 units, my children, life, etc... so, I'll reply when I can. Thank you... You've been a great sport, nothing wrong with expressing opinions... That's what makes this site great, but some people need to think... Trust me, I've made my mistakes in the past. We learn and we move forward, but we have to understand, many people read things differently then the way it is intended to be. Some look at it offensively, so I try to stay on point instead of posting redundant information that isn't relevant... Catch my drift mate?



_________________
~Rick
Quote: "If at first you don't succeed, Destroy all evidences you have tried"
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
User avatar
Windows Guru
Windows Guru

Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:38 am
Posts: 1306
Thanks given: 33 times
Thanks received: 137 times
Location: Underworld Realm
OS: 8 Pro
 Profile E-mail  
 
Offline
 
 Post subject: Re: removing unwanted folders..
New postPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:15 pm 

ITGeekRC wrote:
Jeet wrote:
ITGeekRC wrote:
Great thoughts mate!!!!

My I throw another log in the fire?

According to this site:

http://ashampoo-uninstaller.en.softonic ... r-portable

REVO beats Ashampoo. :-(

However, when you install a software, it leaves a flurry of scattered trails throughout the registry, because Normal Uninstall, through Program & Features or Add/REmove in XP will not remove everything, not even registry leftovers.

I can forensically see what you have installed and uninstall, but the trails are still scattered. To monitor what changed and to undo those changes, unless you know ALL REGISTRY changes, than yeah maybe, but I doubt you will monitor it's registry entries, not that I doubt your skills. Think of your registry as a Giant Sea where treasures are buried under the sea floors but can't see it unless you do some digging, can you dig by hand?

This is just my theory perspective.... Emmmmm.....

Cheers mate


Great take, ITGeekRC, and you are perfectly correct, it's a impossible task.
As a matter of fact, I only know very little registry :oops: .
But I really want to learn more about it.
What would be your recommendation as an expert, on how I learn more about the Windows Registry? Links, Resources etc?
And you are most correct with the "big sea" similitude. Windows registry is really an awesome world, and I would really love to get much closer to it than I am now. Please suggest me some good resources mate.

Best, Jeet.


I disagree with you Jeet, but I'll let you have it your way... One doesn't have to be a Forensic Examiner to detects all evidence within a REGISTRY. I don't claim I know it all, but to my labs, exams, practice, studies... I know where to get information to the extent that you're not able to. Facts, I DON'T claim that I am better then you... Never did.. I speak from experience.

Good luck to you.

FYI: Please do not PM and ask me to answer your question, I feel like I'm being pushed. I have hundreds of things going on plus my finals are around the corner + 19 units, my children, life, etc... so, I'll reply when I can. Thank you... You've been a great sport, nothing wrong with expressing opinions... That's what makes this site great, but some people need to think... Trust me, I've made my mistakes in the past. We learn and we move forward, but we have to understand, many people read things differently then the way it is intended to be. Some look at it offensively, so I try to stay on point instead of posting redundant information that isn't relevant... Catch my drift mate?


Sorry mate if I disturbed you. You could have very well ignored my pm. Actually the I sent the pm as I thought you may not notice the post. Sorry. You have been a really good friend of mine. My heartfelt apologies :oops: . Perhaps the nature of strict formal education in India has made me ask you for sources. I really asked the question to you as my friend and guide. You have children and I am not even nineteen. I really respect you, please don't take my questions offensively. Sorry again friend. I really respect you.



_________________
Image
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
User avatar
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:59 am
Posts: 327
Thanks given: 58 times
Thanks received: 45 times
OS: 8 Pro
 Profile E-mail  
 
Offline
 
 Post subject: Re: removing unwanted folders..
New postPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:52 pm 

Jeet wrote:
ITGeekRC wrote:
Jeet wrote:
ITGeekRC wrote:
Great thoughts mate!!!!

My I throw another log in the fire?

According to this site:

http://ashampoo-uninstaller.en.softonic ... r-portable

REVO beats Ashampoo. :-(

However, when you install a software, it leaves a flurry of scattered trails throughout the registry, because Normal Uninstall, through Program & Features or Add/REmove in XP will not remove everything, not even registry leftovers.

I can forensically see what you have installed and uninstall, but the trails are still scattered. To monitor what changed and to undo those changes, unless you know ALL REGISTRY changes, than yeah maybe, but I doubt you will monitor it's registry entries, not that I doubt your skills. Think of your registry as a Giant Sea where treasures are buried under the sea floors but can't see it unless you do some digging, can you dig by hand?

This is just my theory perspective.... Emmmmm.....

Cheers mate


Great take, ITGeekRC, and you are perfectly correct, it's a impossible task.
As a matter of fact, I only know very little registry :oops: .
But I really want to learn more about it.
What would be your recommendation as an expert, on how I learn more about the Windows Registry? Links, Resources etc?
And you are most correct with the "big sea" similitude. Windows registry is really an awesome world, and I would really love to get much closer to it than I am now. Please suggest me some good resources mate.

Best, Jeet.


I disagree with you Jeet, but I'll let you have it your way... One doesn't have to be a Forensic Examiner to detects all evidence within a REGISTRY. I don't claim I know it all, but to my labs, exams, practice, studies... I know where to get information to the extent that you're not able to. Facts, I DON'T claim that I am better then you... Never did.. I speak from experience.

Good luck to you.

FYI: Please do not PM and ask me to answer your question, I feel like I'm being pushed. I have hundreds of things going on plus my finals are around the corner + 19 units, my children, life, etc... so, I'll reply when I can. Thank you... You've been a great sport, nothing wrong with expressing opinions... That's what makes this site great, but some people need to think... Trust me, I've made my mistakes in the past. We learn and we move forward, but we have to understand, many people read things differently then the way it is intended to be. Some look at it offensively, so I try to stay on point instead of posting redundant information that isn't relevant... Catch my drift mate?


Sorry mate if I disturbed you. You could have very well ignored my pm. Actually the I sent the pm as I thought you may not notice the post. Sorry. You have been a really good friend of mine. My heartfelt apologies :oops: . Perhaps the nature of strict formal education in India has made me ask you for sources. I really asked the question to you as my friend and guide. You have children and I am not even nineteen. I really respect you, please don't take my questions offensively. Sorry again friend. I really respect you.


It was not a matter of "DISTURBANCE" but rather "PUSHY."

It's all good. You deserved a reply because you work exceptionally well and make some valid and reputable responses.

Cheers mate



_________________
~Rick
Quote: "If at first you don't succeed, Destroy all evidences you have tried"
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
User avatar
Windows Guru
Windows Guru

Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:38 am
Posts: 1306
Thanks given: 33 times
Thanks received: 137 times
Location: Underworld Realm
OS: 8 Pro
 Profile E-mail  
 
Offline
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 45 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  

cron