It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Register for Windows Forums

Register for Windows Forums now to gain access to: post messages, download free books, competitions for great prizes, and get to know others. Members also see NO ADVERTS. Join today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
Message Author

Post subject: kaspersky
New postPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:39 pm 

Hello Everyone.
We have let our Kaspersky anti virus run out and installed Microsoft Security Essentials and SuperAnti spyware. Great. Uninstalled Kaspersky, but cant stop warning popups. Theres something left over and I would like to know how to clear it. Its not in programs so i cant do an advanced uninstall with Revo, as I cant find it-its uninstalled, right? Any suggestions would be gratefully received. I have been in Tunisia, and they have intermittant dial up, we are lucky. When are XP packing up, BTW?
Thanks for the fonts and screensavers and everything else!
Mark

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Thanks given: 22 times
Thanks received: 0 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: kaspersky
New postPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:41 pm 
For this post the author UVAIS has received gratitude : mark100ukuk

found 'Kaspersky' in Startup / Services and disable them ;;;

Or Run Setup [Disable MSE First] and choose Repair[or you can choose Remove] and then Uninstall using Revo Or use 'Removal tool for Kaspersky'

hope it helps :thumbup: :ugeek:

Contributor
Contributor
Windows Guru
Windows Guru

Thanks given: 121 times
Thanks received: 263 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: kaspersky
New postPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:58 pm 
For this post the author Rick has received gratitude : mark100ukuk

Many times when AV are installed, and using the removal tool do not always help because they will be embedded in the registry. They are hard to remove and the removal tool by KAS will NOT really remove the entire files. This only happens if you used Windows "Add & Remove" or "Program & Features" because this really messed up big time.

I had this problem with ESET and ESET uses KAS's engine that makes it almost difficult to remove. However, if you did not remove it at the beginning and you used the KAS removal tool, than your good to go but from my understanding you tried to uninstall it using windows uninstall tool? If so.. than you need to did in the registry to find it.

Look here:

http://www.vodkronikals.com/pc-repair/r ... etely.html

Windows Guru
Windows Guru

Thanks given: 33 times
Thanks received: 137 times
 Profile E-mail  

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]