It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Register for Windows Forums

Register for Windows Forums now to gain access to: post messages, download free books, competitions for great prizes, and get to know others. Members also see NO ADVERTS. Join today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
Message Author

Post subject: PC/TV magnifyer and projector 30 inch+ project, how big?
New postPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:18 pm 

Have been researching cheap DIY projectors, the biggest news I found out lately was they have 6x magnification lenses...

Does anyone know how to combine this with a small tv/pc monitor to make a projector? I was thinking some people used a 7 inch tv screen (for example), then magnified it by 6x with an 8x11 page magnifier fersnel lens, if image is flipped can rotate it with software on the computer... This would all be housed in a black colored box with a rectangle hole cut for the screen and a lid.

Doing basic math this setup looks like 42 inch.

My question for now is how do people go to 100+ inches? Some kits on the internet look like scams?
Are there any other lenses needed, like a condenser?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Thanks given: 2 times
Thanks received: 2 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: PC/TV magnifyer and projector 30 inch+ project, how big?
New postPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:35 pm 

This setup should be ok without a condenser lens. Someone helped me understand a folding telescope and some projectors have a zoom option configuration, manual or automatic, like those telescopes. I have found 15x magnifying available now, some led microscopes have 1000X.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Thanks given: 2 times
Thanks received: 2 times
 Profile E-mail  

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]