It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Register for Windows Forums

Register for Windows Forums now to gain access to: post messages, download free books, competitions for great prizes, and get to know others. Members also see NO ADVERTS. Join today!

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Message Author

Post subject: which android phone....?
New postPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:51 pm 

Hey ppl

I've been thinking about getting a new cellphone,but one of those which can do a lot of things and i was looking around and figured out that I don't like the iPhone and Windows mobile phones neater.

I fell in love with Android and now I want you out there to suggest me some models or tell me your experiences with them so i can decide which one I could get for myself.

I was thinking about the droid x or the xperia
But let me see what you think first.

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Thanks given: 72 times
Thanks received: 59 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: which android phone....?
New postPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:05 am 

Mike wrote:

First off, UVAIS... just stop talking. (On this topic, anyways)

Ok as ur Order Mr. Mike :?:

Last edited by UVAIS on Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Contributor
Contributor
Windows Guru
Windows Guru

Thanks given: 121 times
Thanks received: 263 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:19 am 

I've been looking at Android phones myself but I was looking at HTC Aria or Wildfire.
I though that they looked like the cheapest phones with the best features.
Just wondering what the thoughts were about it.

Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member

Thanks given: 38 times
Thanks received: 19 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:13 pm 
For this post the author Mike has received thanks - 2: jumper918, shoby

Hey guys, you've come to the right place. As you might have noticed, I'm a bit of an Android nut :)

First off, UVAIS... just stop talking. (On this topic, anyways) The Xperia X1 is an ancient phone with an ancient operating system (WinMo 6.1? The current version is Windows Phone 7 - a complete overhaul from the 6 series) and a RESISTIVE touchscreen. It was nice 3 years ago, but now it's just a piece of crap.

A couple thoughts on the phones Shoby was thinking about - The Droid X is good from what I've heard. The only problem is they skin stock Android with MotoBlur, a special Motorola UI, and some people don't like it. The X10 is a really good phone, but at the same time has a Sony-Ericsson UI on top of it that makes upgrades slow-going. They are just now upgrading these phones to Android 2.1 (Eclair) while the current version is 2.2 (Froyo) with 2.3 (Gingerbread) slated to be released in the next month.

On to Jumper918 - I absolutely LOVE HTC phones. The hardware is impeccably good-looking and functional and the Sense UI on top of Android is awesome. Also, they have basically the same Sense UI on all of their Android phones so updates don't lag too much behind the Google releases. I have an Aria and am in love with it. Sometimes I wish I had a bigger and better screen, but at the same the phone is so small and fits in my pocket so well. HTC phones are fast as hell too.

So in all, you can't really go wrong with an Android phone, but I prefer HTCs because I have one. They have excellent build quality, don't feel plastic-y (I feel like some of the Motorola phones do), are fast and reliable, and run on the best mobile OS!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Thanks given: 9 times
Thanks received: 100 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:18 pm 

UVAIS wrote:
Mike wrote:

First off, UVAIS... just stop talking. (On this topic, anyways)

Ok as ur Order Mr. Mike :?:

He was joking UVAIS. Though to be fair, the phone is old hat. Each to their own i suppose. :lol:

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Site Admin
Site Admin
Windows Guru²
Windows Guru²

Thanks given: 375 times
Thanks received: 441 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:23 pm 

Personally i like the Samsung Galaxy S I dont have one but everytime im in town I always go an have play about with it in the shop :mrgreen: I think the misus is going to get me the phone for xmas, well i hope! ;)

http://galaxys.samsungmobile.com/index. ... dex=2&ver=

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Thanks given: 47 times
Thanks received: 132 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 pm 

I just checked out your HTC Aria Mike and I have to say that I like it a lot if this is the one you were talking about.
what do you think for how much could I get it without a contract..... damn it's nice.

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:36 pm 
For this post the author jumper918 has received gratitude : shoby

Here in Australia it's $350 AUD to around $450.
Not sure if you'd have similar problems but here I can only get it on one network so i'd have to pay an unlock fee to use it on mine.

Oh and Mike, have you had any troubles with the I think it isn't compatible with 3D games and some HQ movies etc?

Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member

Thanks given: 38 times
Thanks received: 19 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:25 pm 

Yep, that's the Aria I have and love. It IS really nice, I love it. Don't let the website fool you though, it's very very small, about the size of a deck of cards but thinner. I do wish it had a flash on the camera, but I have a nicer camera I carry around anyways.

As far as multimedia goes, it is kind of small to watch movies on, but as long as they aren't full HD and are downgraded to the resolution of the screen they hum along quite nicely. It's almost too small for any serious gaming, which pretty much rules out 3D games, but it runs my kind of smartphone games (Angry Birds, MiniSquadron), really well. I even ran Doom on it :) I leave my 3D gaming to my desktop rig.

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Thanks given: 9 times
Thanks received: 100 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:29 pm 

What do you ppl say about this one?
It's a bit like Mikes phone but cheaper (here in Bosnia), not to forget that I can't find the HTC Aria in any shop in my region.

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Profile E-mail  

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next