It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:44 am

Register for Windows Forums

Register for Windows Forums now to gain access to: post messages, download free books, competitions for great prizes, and get to know others. Members also see NO ADVERTS. Join today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
Message Author

Post subject: pdf printer won't work
New postPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:56 pm 

Hi
I am having problems with printing PDF docs.

What i have been doing in the past, is whenever i find something on line which i would like a copy of, i click print and select PDF printer. have been using CutePDF for some time. All the PDF files came thru looking just like they did on the screen. Long lists of items too. Oh, sometimes i had to edit a bit but all was great. Even various emails came thru just fine.

But now when i try to do the same thing it just doesn't work. I get huge printing and it seems only the first bit of the page i chose to print. my emails come out the same way.

i have tried a few other pdf printers and the same result.

I don't know what I have done. probably some settings. i know recently i was trying to view a very tiny file and kept zooming in to view but i have tried to put that value back to 60% or so but nothing changes.

i am just beside myself that i cannot figure this out. i use this feature all the time and really would like to get it working back to normal.

I can send some examples if someone could help me.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Thanks given: 0 times
Thanks received: 1 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: pdf printer won't work
New postPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:38 am 

Have you tried dopdf using it since longtime , prints even other language pages which requires fonts to be installed in your Computer easily.
You can try dopdf from http://www.dopdf.com.It is freeware.

Established Member
Established Member

Thanks received: 0 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:32 am 

I think I have seen similar problems in the past. This is really a frustrating problem.

Here's what I did.

Copy/paste context of the information to Word document. Then print it to PDF Printer.

I know you would rather have it print directly from the site, or emails, it's just a simple trick for now.

Windows Guru
Windows Guru

Thanks given: 33 times
Thanks received: 137 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:35 am 

venkat wrote:
Have you tried dopdf using it since longtime , prints even other language pages which requires fonts to be installed in your Computer easily.
You can try dopdf from http://www.dopdf.com.It is freeware.

It's not a matter of SOFTWARE, it's a matter of contents of the information we want to print. It happened to me a few times, it has to do with the email, or website is designed to do when printing.

I gave a simple easier temporary solution, copy/paste contexts to word, then print. It does work for me.

Windows Guru
Windows Guru

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:59 am 

Vino, regarding what you said here:

Quote:
I don't know what I have done. probably some settings. i know recently i was trying to view a very tiny file and kept zooming in to view but i have tried to put that value back to 60% or so but nothing changes.

If you're using IE8, also look to see if "medium" is checked for the text size in the view tab. It may have changed to "larger" or "largest" when you kept zooming in. I'm probably wrong, but it wouldn't hurt to look. :)

Contributor
Contributor
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member

Thanks given: 43 times
Thanks received: 33 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:16 pm 

thank you all for your replys.
i have done some copy/paste to word docs and that works fine except when i want a particular table or graphic included.
oh i can select and save as picture and then paste into word doc but what a pain in the A - - !

makes me mad cuz it used to work just fine. i just have to figure out how to get it back to normal viewing.

re: dopf file...this is a pdf converter and won't help me out here i don't think

i have tried other pdf printers and i got the same error...so i don't think it is the pdf printer perse but the way my computer views the file.

i will persevere and hopefully will find a solution.
thnx again

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:35 am 

vino wrote:
thank you all for your replys.
i have done some copy/paste to word docs and that works fine except when i want a particular table or graphic included.
oh i can select and save as picture and then paste into word doc but what a pain in the A - - !

makes me mad cuz it used to work just fine. i just have to figure out how to get it back to normal viewing.

re: dopf file...this is a pdf converter and won't help me out here i don't think

i have tried other pdf printers and i got the same error...so i don't think it is the pdf printer perse but the way my computer views the file.

i will persevere and hopefully will find a solution.
thnx again

Don't forget to give credits to those that helped you.

In facts, it's not all website that prevents the full print function, it's just some website prevent proper printing. It pissed me off too and there's no alternatives to be honest. Or you could email the webmaster of the site your having problems with printing.

When you copy/paste to word of the selected areas, it should copy the picture contents too as well. It works for me.

Have you tried selecting the areas and print the information, as, print "Selected"? This usually helps and breaks down only areas where you can just print what you want rather rather then the whole page.

Regards

Windows Guru
Windows Guru

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:15 pm 

venkat...i downloaded the software and tried it but i still get same result.

itgeekrc...yes i realize that some sites will allow printing and others will not. i have tried all sorts of ways.
trouble is that i used to be able to use pdf print on specific sites and it worked great.
when going back to exactly the same sites and pages...pdf print won't work right.

i still think i need help with managing the zoom on any pdf printers i use.....
thank you all for your help and suggestions.

Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:07 pm 

i found out how to fix my cutepdf...i chose the advanced option button and changed the scale from 100% to 80%.
works like a charm.

now i will have to see if i can make the same adjustment using my other pdf writers.

again...thanks for all your help.

Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:57 pm 

Yeah it happens on some websites!

I was having trouble copy and pasting from pdf documents to word socuments. Any ideas ?

Thanks

Acquiring used the exact fat burning furnace treatment to shed excess weight from eat stop eat. You could attempt the diet solution should you prefer a healthy eating and so the tinnitus miracle for ones wrong headsets. Incredibly more my seo link monster that can be one of the many great link building services. Good quality satellite direct you happen to be in luck.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Thanks received: 0 times
 Profile E-mail  

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]