It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Register for Windows Forums

Register for Windows Forums now to gain access to: post messages, download free books, competitions for great prizes, and get to know others. Members also see NO ADVERTS. Join today!

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Message Author

Post subject: BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH iaStor.sys
New postPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:54 pm 

I recently encountered the bsod for the first time. You could only imagine how scared ****less I was.
Anyways, on the bsod, it says

***Stop: 0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF880012D18F7,0xFFFFF88003D39978, 0xFFFFF88003D391E0)

***iaStor.sys - address FFFFF880012D18F7 base at FFFFF88001287000, DateStamp 4ad4c3dc

The problem is it won't let me safe boot or go into recovery mode so I can't delete software/program, not that I'd know what to delete.
Before the crash, I was simply typing up an essay, and it just suddenly BSOD'd.

My laptop is a HP g62

If you can help, I'd be eternally grateful :)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Thanks given: 0 times
Thanks received: 0 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH iaStor.sys
New postPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:47 am 

Hi, this error happens when you are missing the raid driver. Specifically it refers to the Intel matrix storage manager driver file. It would be useful to know your operating system. Also, have you recently install windows? Usually this driver has to be install during installation pressing F6 and install from a floppy or other media. If you can get into safe mode try to check for errors running the following command chkdsk /r. Also you can try and run sfc /scannow. You can also try to do a system repair.

Here is a link for trobleshooting this issue:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330182

Good luck

New postPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:16 am 

Have you changed any hardware recently and what programs/software have you recently installed?

If you are unable to get into the system through safe mode or normal mode you will have to use the windows 7 DVD "assuming its windows 7" and try a repair install if that fails most probably a re install!

Then once install complete the first thing to do is install all your system driver's direct from the HP website, then do all your windows updates.

EDIT;

Just curious, what AV program are you using???

See Here

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Thanks given: 47 times
Thanks received: 132 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:52 pm 

yes, it's windows 7. I've been using it for ~9 month, never before encountering this program. I use malwarebytes.

New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:53 pm 

also, I haven't installed any new hardware for a while

New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:08 pm 
For this post the author Makcalable has received gratitude : Rich

misterpond wrote:
yes, it's windows 7. I've been using it for ~9 month, never before encountering this program. I use malwarebytes.

If you only have free malwarebytes installed as you security protection this will not be enough!

you should use a free program called Microsoft Security Essentials and you can also run free MalwareBytes too, The free malwarebytes does not offer real time protection and therefore you will need a good solid AV program such as MSE.

It maywell be you have got a Virus or Trojan of some sort.

Can you get into your system in normal mode or safe mode??

you could try using a Windows 7 repair disc if you dont have one go here.

If what i have mention above is correct then i do suggest a sytem repair from dvd or a clean install.

If you do not have a Windows 7 Installation DVD you may well find one Here for your version of windows 7

Tutorial on installing windows 7 here

Let me know if this is the case on the above

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:40 pm 
For this post the author M1chaelMan has received gratitude : Rich

My girlfriends laptop just did the same thing yesterday. Blue Screen with an iastor.sys error. Could not even boot up in any of the safe modes. What I did after spending 16 hours trying to find a solution to this problem and reading endless posts that didn't help me at all was download a Windows 7 repair disk, because hers did not come with one. Running the option their did not help anything either. Finally I researched the Bcdedit commands to see what my option were being unfamiliar with windows 7 and found enough information to aid me in fixing it. Hey, still a big XP fan! Finally I booted from the disk and selected the command prompt option then all I did was type two lines.

Type the correct drive letter for your computer c: or d: etc., Then type

Bootrec.exe /FixMbr 'press enter'

Bootrec.exe /FixBoot 'press enter'

You may repeat this process for different drives by typing C: or D: and repeating the commands exactly! After doing this I restarted her computer and it was good as new. Her's is an Emachines E725 Laptop with Windows 7 Home premium installed. I tried reinstalling the iastor.sys file to by deleting it and replacing it from another one from intel, but this doesn't work either. So i'm pretty sure you don't have to do any of the other things I tried before this will work. Good luck!

New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Thanks received: 1 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:36 am 

misterpond wrote:

We had this problem and we've been using windows 7 for a year, and we also use malwarebytes and it happened to my girlfriends computer after she ran a virus scan it shut it down during the scan and then the BSOD kept appearing every time we tried to start windows, even in all the safe modes. And it gave the same error with iaStor.sys. So you never know it could happen to anybody. But booting from a disk and going to the cmd prompt and typing, in the correct drive,:

Bootrec.exe /FixMbr
Bootrec.exe /FixBoot

Should correct the issue for those who do have this happen to them. Not entirely sure the reason, though, I think it may have something to do with a virus and antivirus software stopping certain files, causing it to change the boot record on the drive. Also I think it gets infected during a web redirect. She was on MySpace looking at photo's and a file popped up. She got infected after clicking on the X close button. Not sure exactly how it happened, something to look into.

New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Thanks received: 1 times
 Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:38 pm 

I have the same problem. BSOD with iaStor.sys and IRQL. I did what you said above; downloaded and burned a copy of the Windows 7 Recovery cd and was able to get to the command prompt and execute both Bootrec.exe commands. Once i restarted and from every restart from then on i get a super fast BSOD that i cant even make out what it is and then restarts my computer to a screen that says Windows Failed to Start and gives the options of Start Windows Normally or Launch Startup Repair, which sits at a screen for 10 minutes then tells me it cant fix the problem automatically and restarts). I cannot load any type of safe mode or normal windows. I cant even get to the login screen anymore it straight BSODs really quick then restarts. Reformatting is my last option due to some data i have on there and the fact that my Dell XPS 1530 running Windows XP Home 64bit didnt come with the Windows 7 disc so i am willing to do alot to try to fix this. Let me know if anyone can help...

New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:26 am 

Hi tfinney110 welcome to mintys windows forums.

When posting an issue of your own could you please start a new thread as this will become confusing to other users and also its best to keep the forums tidy in this way too. :D ;)

Thank you tfinney it will be much appreciated ;)

Top Content Contributor
Top Content Contributor

Profile E-mail  

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next